Darren's Makeover: Opinions needed

It’s Quinacridone crimson with thinning medium. No other colors at all. It’s such a natural red color that I use it for creases and nails too.

1 Like

What do you seal the lips with?

I use paper glaze

1 Like

Ok. That’s what I was thinking. I haven’t dine that for any babies yet. I actually forgot that needed to be done. Oops

It makes them look so much better once it’s done. I always like the color when it’s wet but not as much dry. It looks pretty again with gloss

1 Like

@Tessa I gloss and seal with Air Dry Gloss from Hunnybuns and Mod Podge Satin works well too. Just be sure to dull the shine with your finger. I am not sure how that works on GHSP though.

1 Like

@AnnieSokay You use air dry paints I’m asssuming?
It seems there are so many more options for air dry paints than there are for GHSP. Even with the varnishes. I also feel like those who use air dry paint, have less issues with getting Prisma to stick with the varnishes than some that use GHSP.

2 Likes

For me prisma works better over my ghsp than it does over my air dry varnish (decoart media soft touch varnish with a little cornstarch mixed in or duraclear soft touch with cornstarch mixed in)

2 Likes

Is that mixture your air dry varnish or your GHSP varnish?

The 2 soft touch varnishes are the 2 types of air dry varnish I have used.

I varnish with a mix of satin and matte GHSP, pounced on with a car wash sponge (it textures the skin as well) then bake, cool, bake, cool. Then I draw the hair. Then lightly pounce varnish on with a cosmetic wedge with the edges pulled off so no lines happen. (sometimes I mix a ghsp color in the varnish to help fill in the hair more) then bake and cool twice again.
Make sure the varnish is not too thick. I have seen some have issues with the varnish cracking when they insert eyes through the neck hole and have to squish the head

1 Like

Thank you. When I’m ready to give painting a go again, I’ll definitely try this mixture. I think I’m not putting enough varnish and that’s my issue.

1 Like

I buy and print my shipping labesl directly from PayPal, so no need to wait for the delay of transfer. If you have a printer it could be an option.

@MilosMeadows, your Darren is so Adorable!!! Someone will love him the minute they see him. I know I did​:grinning::two_hearts:

I think you should donate him or give him away @MilosMeadows…then you won’t have to torment over it anymore.

1 Like

I’d do that if I could afford it. I can’t buy more kits unless he sells

Oh I’m sorry about that. He is so adorable I cannot believe he hasn’t sold yet. Hopefully soon he will get a new mommy.

I’m sure he will. I’m expecting some money in april so all 3 will be back on reborns.com then. I should have enough after buying my cat a birthday gift :rofl:

2 Likes

Making lots of progress. I really like this new color on him but I think he’ll need some more blush when I’m done. I need to darken his eyebrows a tiny bit anyway. He needs it cut but I’ll do that once the whole top is done.

6 Likes