Darren's Makeover: Opinions needed

Has “local” been successful in the past? I wouldn’t think that would be a very broad market? I thought Darren looked good with the initial hair (too late for that comment though).

1 Like

Yes, it has. It’s where I’ve sold 99% of my dolls the past 5 years.
The color of his old hair was fine but the rooting was bad. It’s so far from my usual quality that I’d be ashamed showing up close pics lol It wasn’t awful but it wasn’t the way I like it either.

1 Like

Maybe you could try listing somewhere else?

There’s nowhere that doesn’t cost money. I’m not able to ship right now either because I have no money. Money takes a couple days to go from paypal to my bank and I would need to ship before that would happen (usually 3-5 days or so) The post office would laugh at me if I tried to ship a doll for 70 cents :rofl:

Also, these dolls (Darren and one other) spent a month on reborns.com with nearly no clicks or anything

How much are you asking for him?

Right now he’s at 250$ CAD, I don’t know exactly how much it is in USD other than cheap :rofl:

1 Like

It’s 190.00 in American … worth listing !!!

I will when I’m done re rooting him. But it will still have to be local because I have no money. I wish I was kidding about the 70 cents but I’m not :confused:

1 Like

Maybe you could put in your listing that you have to wait on the money to clear… Or that you ship in 3-5 days. If someone really wants him I don’t think they will mind waiting a few days. As long as they know ahead of time.

Yeah, I could. Buyers don’t tend to read descriptions though, at least for me. Regardless, I don’t want to use ebay because of the fees. So there isn’t really anywhere else to list

It would be better than no sale at all… Bump the price up to cover the fees :wink:

I’ll try it, I guess… I’m so fed up at this point I don’t even want to try anymore.

It’s worth a shot…

I know it is, I just have no hope at this point lol I need to take a break from him. By the time he’s rooted hopefully I’ll feel better about him, at least enough to try again. It’s so discouraging, it makes you feel like a bad artist when it happens. I know it’s not true but that’s how it feels sometimes, especially with anxiety making it worse

I really love your Darren, I know you are super picky about kits or I would ask you to trade. I rarely paint any more, and I do love your Daren. Plus, your my DC. :heart:

I like the darker brown on him.

I like the red!

Thanks, I appreciate it! I’d trade but have no way to ship right now. I know he’ll sell eventually, it’s just how long will I have to wait before I can reborn again. If I could do more customs I’d be so happy, but I can’t get many of those either. I like knowing they’re sold, it’s so much less stressful even though most people hate doing them.
The red was too much, almost clowny on him lol What I’m rooting him with right now is the same color I used on Chase Brown, a really deep reddish brown that’s so lovely.

I really like his lip color too. So pretty.