Crystal vinyl color

Has anyone painted Crystal lately? I have a Crystal kit that I’ve had for a while now, when I took it out to wash it I realized that the head is a different color than the limbs. The head is a soft light peachy color while the limbs are almost stark white. Has anyone else experienced this with their Crystal kit?

Karen just did a Crystal maybe she can help you.

I didn’t notice any difference in the vinyl, but I had had the kit here for maybe a year before I got around to painting it.

I haven’t done Crystal but I had another kit like that. You either have to neutralize the head to match the limbs or vice versa. It’s a pain in the butt. Since the limbs are lighter, it would probably be easier to match them to the color of the head. Or, you could sell the parts (head for a cuddle baby) and buy a new kit that’s all one color. That’s what I would do because I hate color matching.

2 Likes

@kareninflorida I’ve had mine for a long time also, she’d never been out of the bag. I probably need to start checking the kits when I get them.

@jeanhai I ended up warming the limbs to match the head. I was able to get a pretty good match I think, but I guess I’ll have to wait until the end to see how it all comes together. I’ve never had a kit that the pieces were so different. I know for sure they are crystal’s limbs, but it’s almost like they were made from entirely different materials, they even felt different from the head.