Christmas Special Needs Dolly

Here is a baby I made for a patient of mine who has a trach and wheelchair. The dolly still needs lashes but I was so excited when I put her in her chair I had to share! The little girl is 4 years old. I think she will love her!!!

36 Likes

Aww, you’ll made that 4 yo mommy so happy. :heart_eyes:
I even didn’t know that you can find small wheelchairs like that.

4 Likes

This is so amazing. I’m sure it will make her very happy. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Found it at a thrift shop. I almost did a dance when I saw it!!! It is for a knock-off of the American Girl doll.

4 Likes

You rocked it!!! Great job!!! She will never forget this Christmas!!!

3 Likes

I had seen those in WalMart one year for the American Dolls. You are genius! I love it and I know they will too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I absolutely love it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I love love love it!

1 Like

I remember playing with my aunt’s wheelchair as a child as well. LOL

1 Like

Don’t bother with the lashes for a 4 years old . She will handle the doll a lot and if comes off it’s going to be frustrating .
Just give it as is . She will be really happy .

1 Like

She’s so sweet! And love the dolly wheelchair, I don’t know if you’ve checked with mom/parents, but if that’s a magnetic paci I would check with them Incase magnets might interfere with something!

2 Likes

Precious!

1 Like

That’s so awesome! I’m sure she’ll love it!

1 Like

That’s one little girl who is going to have a wonderful Christmas thanks to you!
I agree about being cautious about the magnetic pacifier. I know we all warn people about the magnets interfering with medical implants, but it’s lots more likely for a 4 year old to dislodge the magnet and swallow it or drop it and have a pet swallow it. Your baby is adorable and looks like a modified pacifier would maybe work since she has an open mouth. They are easy to make and so much safer around children, and no magnets to worry about!

3 Likes

What a beautiful gesture and she is so adorable !!

1 Like

Oh wow! So awesome!

1 Like

This little girl is really medically fragile and cannot move her hands to her face so I am not too worried about the magnet being ingested. I thought she would have fun giving the soother to her baby since she can’t really play with her too much due to her physical limitations.But I didn’t think of pets… I will inform the parents and they can decide what to do with it. No biggie --she is cute without it too

4 Likes

What a beautiful gift! And so adorable!

1 Like

Thank you!! Gives me so much joy making her and giving her away!!!

3 Likes