Bountiful Baby Jewel Reborning Contest!

I just entered. Here’s hoping! Will we get to see all the entries, or just the winners? I would love to see everyone’s babies! :heart:

4 Likes

Aww, maybe we can convince them to show us here? Maybe that would be too time consuming though. Do you think many people entered?

1 Like

I forgot all about this!! Darn.

1 Like

They only post winners. They will pick the best photos from all of the entries they receive and post single pictures from those winners If they get an entry that they consider good enough to use as their proto photos for kit sales you will see that they will choose 3 or more of the reborners doll pictures. (that is how they have done it in the past anyway…)
Hope that helps. :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, @westernstarr! That’s what I figured, but I love it when there are challenges, and we get to see all the babies, winners or not. It’s so cool to see the different styles, and how vastly different and amazing everyone creates from the same kit! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I absolutely agree…I hope that the ladies that enter will post picture here too so that we can see all the versions of Jewel…I liked this little one from the very start…I knew she would be a cutie…heehee :smile:

2 Likes

Will they let us know if they got our photos, but didn’t choose them? I worry that my photo quality or size was wrong. I’m okay with not being chosen, I just want to know I sent them correctly. It’s driving me a little more mad than it probably should.

3 Likes

I sent two sets of pics and got an email both times that they had been received.

4 Likes

ok, thank you for letting me know that.

1 Like

So if you get an email back then your sizing is okay?

1 Like

I guess so, as long as they are large enough. I went by what they said:

From BB: Make sure your pictures are sufficiently large to display on our website-- we typically scale the pictures to about 850 to 900 pixels wide (and a few hundred K bytes large). Small tiny pictures will not get selected, so if your picture cannot easily scale to that size, it will not be selected

3 Likes

Can the pictures be too big?? Thanks Karen :wink:

2 Likes

I wondered that, too, and so I just resized them to their specs. I would almost think bigger is better than smaller, though, since they said that about scaling them to 850 - 900 pixels wide. Bigger ones can be cut down, but if they are too small, they can’t be enlarged and still show detail.

2 Likes

That’s kind of what I was thinking too. Thanks :wink:

1 Like

Sure! Glad to be of some help :blush:

1 Like

How long did it take you to hear back? I haven’t heard anything as to whether or not they received my photos, but I’m not sure if everyone there works on the weekend?

2 Likes

You’ll hear back, I’m sure it’s just because it’s the weekend. I heard back right away but sent mine during the week.

2 Likes

Okay, guessing they are just out for the weekend! Hopefully they were all received. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ssent mine in the evening and got a reply the following morning.

1 Like

I got the impression that too small they couldn’t use and too big they could resize so I sent mine at their original size which was big.

1 Like