Bought a vintage cradle, what is this?

I’m not sure, let me see if I still have them and if so will weigh them and try and get a shipping price x

3 Likes

I did!, I am picking it up Monday lol. If my hubby sees me carry it in he is going to think I am crazy. So I am rearranging my house in my head to see how I can make this work :joy::joy::joy:. This is all your fault lol!

3 Likes

I found the same cradle locally a few years ago and already had the Jenny Lind crib that matches so I bought it too. I’ve never seen one with a canopy holder. You got a great deal!

3 Likes

No worries if you can’t!

1 Like

Lol! I’ll take the blame! I’m a bad influence because my husband works out of town…he just comes home and it’s there! Ha!

2 Likes

I’ve never seen one either! Thank you!

2 Likes

We are so good at enabling one another here aren’t we​:grin::joy:

3 Likes

Haha! Yes ma’am!!

2 Likes

I had a cradle similar to that when my son was born. Bought it brand new. He was born in 1997. The one i had was white and it did not have the bar for a canopy

3 Likes

I’ve thought about painting this one white but I don’t think I have that much time for that project! Ha!

1 Like

The natural wood is beautiful.

4 Likes

Very true! Thank you!

1 Like

So I spent the morning cleaning mine, was pretty dirty, especially the mattress pad. I couldn’t help playing around with it after I was all finished. Thank you for the nudge♥️

10 Likes

That’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Wow!!! That is GORGEOUS! Did you make the canopy? Now this is nudging me! Going to Etsy to look for a canopy cover…be right back😂

3 Likes

Also, how do you hang your backdrop?

2 Likes

Awe thank you being inspired by each other is awesome. The canopy is something I had made years ago for a newborn photo shoot to put over a baby in a basket. I used one of those wood embroidery hoops. My back drop is sorta make shift. I had a screw on the wall just under the top edge, so I put a clip on the top of the backdrop and the tied it with some twine to the screw on the wall an it worked. This is a wallpaper on cardboard backdrop I made. You can stretch fabric and staple it to a 1”x1” wood frame, I have one of those too, you can make it reverseable.

2 Likes

The canopy is beautiful! You have great ideas, thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

That is a gorgeous canopy on that. Did you make it? Did you buy it? If you bought it, where from? It ads so much to the cradle.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I made it from a piece of lace I had been holding onto for sometime. It looked like wedding gown or veil lace.

2 Likes