Blue Undertones Not Showing Up

I have never had a hard time getting blue undertones to show up. I usually mix the color thin and apply it in two to three coats to get the amount of blue needed. However, I’m working on Megan, and for the life of me, I cannot get the blue to show up. I kept mixing it a little darker and a little more, and still no blue undertones showing. It’s the weirdest thing. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Maybe the kit is oilier than usual (?), even though I gave her a good hot, soapy scrub beforehand.

1 Like

Maybe try vein blue on them? Very very thin layers. I hope you find something that works.

1 Like

Just be careful. I had that happen and I finally used a darker blue and then it was too blue. :weary:

1 Like

I think I figured it out. This was the first time I used Sansodor thinner, which is amazing stuff, but I think because it is oilier in constitution, it blended the blue down more than Mona Lisa thinner does. So, I remixed the blue with Mona Lisa and a touch of the Sansodor, and now I can see subtle blue undertones. :smiley:

3 Likes