Best purchase ever for reborning

Keep us posted on your first bake. :slight_smile:

It went perfectly! This is really going to make things soooo much easier!

1 Like

What do you use to fish your parts with? I have a couple of Ove Gloves but still feel like I have gorilla hands when handling the hot parts. I do try to pick them up by the rim or put a finger inside when handling them. Do I need to be that careful? Will the paint mar when the vinyl is still hot?

1 Like

I open the lid and let them cool for a minute. The ove glove marred the baby when it was very hot. It did straighten up later though. If you let them sit for a minute, you can pick up with your hands.

1 Like

@Meandmydollie I take the lid off my unit and let the parts cool enough to pick up bare handed. I then lay them on an old pillow case to finish cooling down. Don’t hang the parts on the holder til they cool down. Works well for me.

That sounds like a good plan. I was afraid to squish too many parts together so I baked the limbs first and pulled them out to start baking the head. There’s nothing fast about reborning so I guess I shouldn’t rush and mess things up.

1 Like

You are exactly right. There is nothing fast about it. LOL!!! :smile:

@Meandmydollie I can fit an entire kit in my NuWave. I place the head in the center and kind of circle the limbs around with the legs in the back and the arms in front. I just finished a 20" kit and it fit fine.

1 Like

I can as well. I was glad I listened to the ladies on here when it came to the size and the extender ring. I just wish I would have purchased sooner! LOL

1 Like

I used my new oven (Fagor) the other day and LOVED it!! I may be giving the parts a bit to much cushy because my “bowl” is very big around and with or without the ring height is really good, but seemed like my Ofelia (tiny) took up the entire bowl? Maybe I need to switch to a different towel?

1 Like

Yes, someone posted a picture with them tucked in so neatly. Unfortunately, my Meg head has fallen over a couple of times on me and I rolled a cloth diaper to prop the back of the head in my old oven. She won’t stand up when she is cold, so I don’t trust her to stand up in the oven either. I’m hoping it will work with other dolls, but somehow, the way her neck flange and head are shaped, she definitely will not stand up on her own. I was also afraid of nestling the doll part too close to the cloth, so I may be able to squeeze them in better with practice.

1 Like

I had a couple of heads fall, too, so I rolled a wash cloth and use it with every head now.

1 Like

Perfect! A wash cloth will take up a lot less room than a diaper. I’m going to try that right now. Thanks!

1 Like

I discussed Christmas with my daughter the other day and we decided that a NuWave was needed on my list! Debated that or a new TV for my bedroom. One of the reasons I haven’t been doing much reborning is because of baking them now that I’m dealing with genesis. Such a pain to have to use my big oven and the concerns over doing it. We haven’t noticed a smell with BB kits so far but my kitchen/den is fairly big and open to the LR on one side too. But haven’t noticed a smell even when opening the oven. However, just because it doesn’t smell doesn’t mean it isn’t causing fumes. Carbon monoxide doesn’t smell either. So I plan to put it in my big bathroom and open a window if I can figure out where in there to keep it. Probably on the sink that I never use except for piles of junk…then I end up cluttering up “hubby’s” sink washing toys because mine is a mess. I don’t think in sixteen years I’ve used it for brushing teeth or normal stuff so it might as well become an oven spot!

2 Likes