BB shipping slow?

I placed an order last thursday, and it hasnt went out yet. has anyone else had issues? I want to start my cozy when you all do on thursday, but probably won’t have it.

— Begin quote from “cherishfaith06”

I placed an order last thursday, and it hasnt went out yet. has anyone else had issues? I want to start my cozy when you all do on thursday, but probably won’t have it.

— End quote

Ashley,

You paid with a PayPal eCheck. We do not process eCheck orders until after the eCheck clears.

Our records show that your eCheck cleared during the night last night, so your order should be in the queue now for processing (i.e., for packing and shipping).

It would not have shipped earlier, though, because the eCheck only just cleared late last night.

Bountiful baby

Awww Ashley you will catch up with us I am sure!!!

Oh no, ive never had it do an echeck! I just choose checkout with paypal and it showed my bank as an instant transfer with a backup method. I always have great service and quick shipping, thats why I asked. I hope to catch up with you ladies

— Begin quote from “DebiC”

I dont even know what an echeck is?

— End quote

If you do not have sufficient money in your PayPal account to pay for the transaction AND you have a bank account linked to your PayPal account AND you do not have a valid (verified by PayPal) credit card linked to your PayPal account, then PayPal uses an “eCheck” to pay for the transaction, where they electronically withdraw money from your bank account to pay for the transaction.

Note that this is different from an “Instant Transfer”, where money is also withdrawn from your bank account to pay for the transaction. With an “Instant Transfer”, it means you also had a valid credit card linked to your PayPal account. Otherwise PayPal uses an eCheck instead of an Instant Transfer.

PayPal claims that “Just like a regular check, it usually takes between 3 and 5 business days for an eCheck to clear and the money to appear in the recipient’s PayPal account”, but the key word here is usually. We often see clearance times of 10 days or more-- especially for international purchases.

Whether or not a merchant will accept an eCheck is a configuration setting in the merchant’s own PayPal account. We used to not accept eChecks because of the confusion it often causes the customer (because their order doesn’t immediately ship when an eCheck is used), but we had a lot of customers request it, so we have allowed it for some time now.

And yes, just like a regular check, an eCheck can “bounce”, or not clear. And, just like a regular check, if the eCheck does not clear, PayPal usually waits and resubmits the eCheck two or three times, over the course of several days. That’s another reason why eChecks often take awhile to finally clear, and why merchants usually wait to ship until the eCheck clears.

There was a time when, even with an eCheck, we still shipped immediately. But, needless to say, a few people got some free merchandise with that policy, which caused us to change the policy. Now we wait for the eCheck to clear before we ship.

Bountiful Baby

Don’t worry, Ashley, I have a lot on my plate and may be late a lot. So, I’ll be there with you.