Baby names

Once you complete a kit… how do you decide on the names?
Do you name the baby and add part of the kit name? Such as Olivia Crystal or Crystal Olivia

Do you name the baby then add the last name of the sculptor? Like Alexis Pratt for example

Do you name the baby and add your last name? But include the name of the kit

Do you just use the kit name?

What do you ladies (are there any men reborners?) do when naming a completed baby?

2 Likes

I usually will name the baby before I get the kit, very rarely do I name the baby once he or she is “born” I only keep the kit name or use it as part of the baby’s name if I like the name or it seems to fit. I just look at names until I find the “perfect” name for that baby. The one that once I come up with it, I can’t see calling the baby anything except that name.

1 Like

I don’t know how others decide to name their reborns, however I try to stay with the name of the kit or if the kit has a girl name and my baby turned out as a boy then I will give it a boy name that starts with the Same first letter of the name of that kit for example my Sydney became Steven for selling purposes. The ones that are my keepers I will name them what I feel is fitting for my likings plus give them my last name. Currently though the only keeper I have is baby Elvis (that is my husbands baby), he is the Joey sculpt by Tasha Edenholm and he purchased him on ebay ( I didn’t make him). I am currently working on 4 of my personal keepers so that they can get wrapped up as gifts to me from my kids and husband. Lol not much of a surprise there unless they go buy the clothes and dress them then wrap them for me. I hope that they will at least go and do that if I tell them what size to get along with a baby blanket for each.

7 Likes

When I first started reborning, I named each one. Now I just use the kit name and leave the certificate blank so the mom can name them whatever she wishes. Way too confusing for me to keep up with names at this stage of life.

7 Likes

as far as we know there are two young gentleman’s who are reborning

3 Likes

I always list them by the kit name so people know what they are getting and I also leave the name on the birth certificate blank. I imagine that some people search for a particular kit, so naming them something else means they would not come up in the search.

5 Likes

I have been naming mine after they “born” but, lately I’ve gotten used to referring to them by the kit name so the new name seems strange. Also, it means remembering both names because you still have to refer to the kit you used. The only time you can’t use the kit name is if the gender changed. For a “keeper” baby, I name it what feels right.

5 Likes

90% of the babies I reborn are nemed prior to the kits even arriving at my house. Typically I only purchase kits when I need them for a specific project, but the ones I hang on to and haven’t used yet I just call them by their original name. The ones I reborn are referred to as “New Name” reborn from “Sculpt Name” by “Sculptor”

5 Likes

I normally name mine after they are finished…I think giving them a name is more personal and “one of a kind-ish”.I always give mine 2 names like Amelia Rose, etc…But I do always leave the Birth Certs blank till I hear back from the new mom to make sure she is happy with the name of if she wants to change it…On the occasion, I leave a blank if they are undecided…If I am listing on Ebay I list like this: eg: Reborn Baby Girl - Amelia Rose - SO/LE Leelou by Cassie Brace
That way the baby is named but also the kit is named for ladies looking for a particular sculpt…

7 Likes

I do not name mine, I call them by their kit name so the mom can name them and on my birth certs I leave the name blank :smiley: If I keep a keeper I would name her. But only one I knew what his name was going to be and that was my first ever reborn, Ethan -which was a Moby kit. :smile:

2 Likes

I usually wait to name the baby when it is done or almost done. I always have several names that I like and wait to see what name “fits”. I give the baby a first and middle name.

2 Likes

I usually name them when they are finished. They seem to “tell” me their names. I love naming things so I wouldn’t skip this part and stick with the kit name. It would make me feel cheated! However, on my birth certificates I say, for example: while in the nursery this baby was called Jamie Faye. Mommy calls her…" and I leave a blank for Mommy to fill in. That way she can have the fun of naming her own baby but the records still show the name I called her too for reference.

4 Likes

I love naming things too. I love the way you do it.
I just had the baby for school and I ended up calling him Piglet because he ate so much! I gave him back this morning and I kinda miss the little guy!

3 Likes

I love naming things too, but I also assume that most people do, and therefore they would prefer to name the doll themselves. I feel once somebody else named it, it sort of belongs to them. If they love the name anyway, it would be OK, but what if they hate it? Of-course, they know they can change it, but when choosing from the hundreds available, which doll to buy I bet that a name they do not like would subconsciously make them less likely to give it second look.

I know that when I have puppies that many people are most anxious that they can choose a name. Most of my pups are spoken for before they are born, so, the moment they are allocated I start referring to them by their names, and people are thrilled if I am able to use their chosen name for the KC registration name…

3 Likes

It most definitely is a personal choice whether someone names their reborn or not… After all, the sculpt is named by the sculpt artist when they make it but I have never thought that if I purchase the sculpt it will not belong to me because someone already named it or that I could not change the name if I didn’t like it to suit ‘my rendition of their creation.’ :wink:…so sort of figure that someone buying the doll would feel the same. Many times I don’t particularly think the name given by the sculptor is one that suits the baby once I reborn it or may not have liked the name they chose to start with but it doesn’t stop me buying the kit if I like it… lol :smile:

AND ultimately, it IS my creation once I reborn it - most ladies want credit for making their reborns so why not name them - they are, after all, being put up for “adoption”…the ‘rebirthing’ process has already taken place…and isn’t that when most babies are named in real life - at birth? In some ways not naming them reminds me of the old orphanages where kids were given numbers and not named till they were adopted - like they didn’t exist till some one named them even though they were as real as any other child… So to me naming the baby is part of the whole process of making your doll and takes it out of the ‘clone’ stage of just being #23/300 - Sally Sculpt by so and so to a more ‘personal’ level…that is just my opinion.

Ultimately, we have the freedom to do what we like in the end… We are all individuals and have our own ideas and opinions. Doesn’t make one right and another wrong… … That is the beauty of reborning! :smile:

3 Likes

I usually pick a name when they are done or almost done, and often try to make the name similar to the kit name, especially if it ends up being a boy. But I always post the option in my auction for the new mom to choose whatever name she wants.

1 Like

It’s better to decide the name before hand for both the genders, off-course the names of your choice. And make a list of liked ones. Also you can decide the special character one for girl and other for boy.