Baby Dress

Check out this beautiful (really old) French hand sewn dress I found today!

10 Likes

WOW-----great find!!!

1 Like

Very nice find!!!

1 Like

Next week I’m taking it to a lady that is an “expert” in restoring French hand sewn dresses. She’s already told me how to clean it and is now going to help me with choosing the items I’ll need to make a under slip. I’m very excited. I use to hand sew and smock clothes for my girls when they were little. I can only imagine the time it took someone to make this little dress.

2 Likes

Thanks Deb and Lynn.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking where did you get your hands on this at? I wish I could find stuff like this.

I found it in an Antique store in Fairhope, Alabama. This particular store imports its items from England and France. The second I saw it I grabbed it. I walked around looking at other items and finally got brave enough to look at the price. It was well within my budget for this type of item so now it’s mine! I’m told it was probably made in the late 1800’s but could be older.

3 Likes

I am soooooo jealous!!! Happy for you but jealous! LOL!!! I am going to a hugh flea market the 24th of this month. They have vendors from all over the United States coming in. Many of them are Antique dealers. I am hoping to find some gems along the way. Just maybe I can be as lucky as you were.

2 Likes

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Melanie!!! If I find the goods I will post pics!

1 Like

That was a very lucky find. Do you collect antique clothing? Surely you aren’t going to dress a baby in it and sell it?

Hi Pia…I don’t collect antiques but I do love a lucky find. I will probably use it for photos but the dress itself will not be for sale. This is a keeper!! I also found an adorable wicker baby buggy but instead of a price tag it had a tag saying “not for sale.” Big disappointment.

1 Like