Attaching Toddler wigs

Just wondering how everyone is attaching the toddler wigs to make them stay on? Are you glueing them on? If so, what kind of glue will hold them? Thanks!

I haven’t glued Tibby’s. In the past I have used Aleene’s Tacky glue.

— Begin quote from “Karen in NE”

I use E-6000 to glue a wig on.

— End quote

Thanks Karen! Do you just go around the outside edge of the wig? Any good tips here? Sorry about all the questions, I have never put a wig on a doll before.

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

I haven’t glued Tibby’s. In the past I have used Aleene’s Tacky glue.

— End quote

I hadn’t planned on gluing mine, but it feels like it wants to “pop” off her head. Do you put the glue on her head, or on the wig first? And do you cover her whole head, or just the edges of the wig? I have a feeling I am in for a sticky mess! LOL

I have folded the front part back a few inches and made sure the hair was out of the way. Then I put the tacky glue on the wig. Try to make sure the back of the wig is right where you want it. Carefully fold the front part of the wig back into place. I would let that dry well. From there I did each side and let that dry and then the back. The back is always the challenge because the hair hangs down. I used clips to clip it up and out of the way. That’s why I would do the front and sides first. Once they are dry you can manipulate it a bit and not have to worry about it moving. Alot of people put a pantyhose over the head to hold the wig in place while drying.

— Begin quote from “kimomax”

I have folded the front part back a few inches and made sure the hair was out of the way. Then I put the tacky glue on the wig. Try to make sure the back of the wig is right where you want it. Carefully fold the front part of the wig back into place. I would let that dry well. From there I did each side and let that dry and then the back. The back is always the challenge because the hair hangs down. I used clips to clip it up and out of the way. That’s why I would do the front and sides first. Once they are dry you can manipulate it a bit and not have to worry about it moving. Alot of people put a pantyhose over the head to hold the wig in place while drying.

— End quote

Thank-you so much! That helps alot! I would have had a big mess everywhere with the glue!

I would say take your time. If you have to do a little bit at a time, that’s okay. You might want to take clips and get the hair clipped back as much as possible. I am sure you will do fine.