Are alot of people leaving the reborn community?

I reborn for the love of the art. I do not plan on making this an income. I know this is a fad and will wax and wane. I sell to make money for my next one. I do sometimes sell low to someone that I feel would really enjoy and care for a doll, but never to those that ask. I will never do a custom again. Many nice people but that one or few can take all the joy from the art. Because of moving to another state, building a house and having to travel further due. to covid I have not been able to reborn much. I still buy kits that I like. I will work on them when things slow down. I think with everything going on in the world this year many people are overwhelmed or just needed to prioritize. Loss or lay off from jobs. Loss of family. Very stressful and financially hard year.

6 Likes

Regardless of your views or anyone else, this forum is not here for any type of drama. I’ve only been on this forum for a few months and I understand that and is one of the reasons I like coming here. This just isn’t the right platform for that. We all come here for tips, tricks, etc for the artistry. Nothing wrong with keeping it simple and drama free.

4 Likes

Sorry that something unpleasant happened @ShawnP Don’t leave by letting a few bad apples spoil it for you. I am 65 and it is never ending. Sending you love! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Don’t stop being you!

5 Likes

I think this forum should not include drama. Politics or anything else that could cause issue. This is the one place I can go that is mostly drama free which is why i come here.

I also don’t believe in cancel culture. People don’t always have to agree. That’s okay. Just Leave the drama off the board.

Lets also remember that Nevin could shut down this board in a heartbeat. The more drama the more likely that will happen.

And fyi. Stop flagging posts. We aren’t children. As long as people remain respectful in their comments stop flagging posts like we are children getting a slap on the hand. Its juvenile.

Agree to disagree and move on. The most people flag posts the more BB is alerted to it and the more we risk losing the forum. Which. Btw. They have considered getting rid of pretty recently.

10 Likes

I never said your opinion wasn’t valid. I simply said keep it off the boards. You can always send people a PM if need be.
As a woman who has dated several ftm trans men I resent the implication that I don’t understand. I do.

I just don’t think this board is the place for it.

2 Likes

You know how it is here. You have to keep it all rainbows and unicorn farts or people flip out and start flagging the posts like they are grabbing 2$ towels at Wal-Mart on black Friday. Lol

6 Likes

I completely understand. I just don’t think we should give those flag happy people the power to have this forum shut down permanently. And if you discuss it here that’s what will happen.

I totally understand and respect your feelings. I didn’t know those things about that sculptor. So thanks for educating me on it.

3 Likes

Shawn, I just want to say thank you for the information. It will help me make better choices. Words matter.

5 Likes

Agreed. :heart:

1 Like

Everyone here knows I bought Seiben’s kit Cecilia. I had been anticipating the release of Cecilia since May 2020
I even reborned the Tia kit
all this prior to her becoming a HOT TOPIC. Yes, I still wanted the kit
my mother is expecting to see her.

I (in no way, shape or form) condone Sieben’s publicized opinions especially as a professional business person. I emphathize fully with how you feel about what she says, and I think there’s a particular way of doing things. Create your own platform to publicly vocalize your opinions. It’s not courteous to do so on other people’s post
especially when it wasn’t the topic.

You are a very passionate person and I admire that. Just release your passion with control. Choose your battle field appropriately. And, always stay firm with what you believe.

9 Likes

I did fail to mention that my comment was based on the “flagged” post. This thread is different.

1 Like

There is absolutely nothing wrong with voicing your opinion and beliefs. People have to understand, however, that not everyone is bothered by the issues that hurt other people. I think we can all voice our opinion in the appropriate place, ie. separate threads, and not be condemned for it. We cannot, however, all be expected to be as upset as the people it really affects. We should show compassion and help in different ways, but if it isn’t “us” we shouldn’t be expected to get angry about things. If we let everything that people say or do, outside of serious crimes, affect us, we wouldn’t buy anything, listen to any music, watch any TV and so on. We’ve all done things, knowingly or not, that hurts or affects other people, so no one is in the position to throw stones.

4 Likes

I respectfully disagree. I am a cis white female. I see the treatment of transgendered people, people of varying sexualities and of people of color everyday and much of it isn’t fair.

It costs me absolutely nothing to have empathy for the people affected. There are SO many sculptors to choose from. If a few of them decide to share less than savory ideations online, I certainly won’t support them by buying their art.

I know that the world is overrun by politics right now, but it’s foolish to share harmful memes publicly on your page when you’re a prominent sculptor.

We as artists are a mixed bag when it comes to political alignment, but mixing politics into your business is never smart and her sales will suffer for it.

5 Likes

If it’s purely for a creative outlet and money is tight you might want to try and pick up odd dolls at garage sales and thrift shops. I swear I have had more fun painting them
 You have a lot of freedom with art dolls, You can get a doll for less than a buck. You can use the paint you already have and found objects.

When I was little I had to find a place to escape. We were a poor family, no real art supplies at my house. I was a baby artist so creativity was my life boat. I made dolls with yarn I got from old sweaters and blankets that I unwound. I made things out of things I found or inherited from family members.

It made me so happy. I had an entire neighborhood under my bed. (I read a lot of books about tiny people living in the walls of houses). Boxes, thread spools, what ever I could get my hands I made into tiny worlds. I still do it.

I remember getting some barbies in bad shape, mostly naked in a shiny pink suitcase from an older cousin who outgrew them. Oh my goodness, the wardrobes you could make out of old t-shirts, socks, you moms knee highs (ticked her off). I used koolaide to dye hair. Those were some happy memories.

I am a lot older now and after may incarnations in this life time this is what I always come back to.

Here are a couple photos of some paperclay dolls I made a long time ago, I use to give classes at my studio when I had a store. Found objects That were free, and paper clay, if you use your coupon at Micheals you can get it for about 10 bucks and it goes a long way, air dries, takes acrylic paint.

Lots of way to keep making babies and not spend money.

I am guessing the puppy keeps you plenty busy but if you get itchy to create
images 3 images 2 images

8 Likes

Those are so neat! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I need you to contact me if you are the moderator of this forum. Write me at 718 200 7531. Thanks

I’m not the moderator for this forum. If you have an issue or concern, you must contact @bountifulbaby

2 Likes

@bbsupport

1 Like

I have not left but havé been suffering with autoimmune issues which also affects my eyes. I havé not been able to paint for several months now. I havé been forced info early retirement. I am hoping to start back up soon. I Check this forum to keep in touch and havé really enjoyed seeing all thé wonderful talent here!

2 Likes

@Franca1 you should delete your number this is a public forum.

5 Likes