Anyone Ever Sell to

Has anyone ever sold to someone named Aniyah Ernst or August Etienne before?

Sorry never heard of either name.

Well I’m getting bad vibes. August bought my baby a few days ago. I messaged asking for a phone number because I need it to fill out customs forms. I’ve sent 4 messages over the last three days and haven’t heard a word. Today I look on Reborns and the name shows August in my orders but in their orders and in messages it shows Aniyah. That seems weird to me. Why would the name be different in two different places on Reborns? Makes me think they changed the name on the account after they purchased my doll, mine is the only purchase. I messaged Dave to ask what’s up but haven’t heard from him. It seems sketchy to me like it could be a scammer setting themselves up for me not being able to use any screenshots as evidence in PayPal because the names on the account won’t even be the same so it will look like totally different people. I can’t fill out the forms online without a phone number, but I definitely won’t be shipping this baby out to whoever this is until I make contact with them through the email associated with their PayPal. If too many days go by I might even refund them. I’m interested to hear what Dave says

7 Likes

I’d be very wary. This doesn’t sound right and the fact that she isn’t responding is a big red flag. I’d be inclined to refund her. You might want to call PayPal and see if they can figure it out.

1 Like

I wouldn’t ship till you know for sure. It sounds weird, trust your gut feeling. Hope it truns out okay.

2 Likes

Oh no!! This is why selling gives me anxiety :scream:

2 Likes

This was Dave’s reply which wasn’t really helpful since what he is suggesting didn’t even happen. She didn’t purchase on one account and message from another because she never even messaged me at all, I was the one who messaged her and I still haven’t received a reply. There’s no possible way I could’ve messaged her on another account when I wouldn’t even have known it has existed or had any way to access it since a customer without a purchase from you would have to be the one to start a conversation. I’ll refund her when I have a chance it’s too fishy and even with Dave sending her a message she still didn’t reply

1 Like

You’ve been more than patient, they’ve had plenty of time to respond. I think I’d refund, block, and forget it. You may be dodging a bullet here. It feels creepy.

2 Likes

Yes I think I’m dodging a bullet. Even if they reply now the whole situation is sketchy

5 Likes

Well I just sent the refund. I’ll be interested to see if she contacts me now that she gets the refund or if I still never hear a peep.

6 Likes

Have you heard back since you refunded?

Nope. I refunded on Thursday, 3 days ago. Still haven’t heard a peep.

3 Likes

Probably just as well. Whew.

2 Likes

Ya I think so too. I’m thinking that they bought they baby and didn’t respond so that I wouldn’t have any backup when they did a charge back. Then they went and changed their name on Reborns so it wouldn’t even look like the same account. I’m pretty sure I just avoided being scammed.

5 Likes