Alexis Brace...vinyl issue

There is a chunk of vinyl on the inside of her right hand. Does anyone else have her and do you have the same issue?

2 Likes

I don’t have her but if all her kits have that flaw, you can cut some of it off with a small x-acto blade then smooth it with acetone on a q-tip.

2 Likes

Yeah, thats what I was planning to do but I just want to make sure its not just my kit…I hope not, I hate sending them back.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. That is what I will do with mine.

1 Like

I wrote to Dolls so Real, where I bought her, they said the other kits all have the same thing and that they are going to let Cassie know about it. I didnt even notice the acetone thing until you just posted…I was rushed and didnt read. I thank you too @jeanhai I was going to file it a bit but the acetone may work better.

3 Likes

Even the acetone takes a bit of work. You might need to do both. I do this when I open the eyes on a closed eye sculpt. It works well.

2 Likes

Hmm I really wanted Alexis… should I wait and see if the next round of this kit gets fixed? Or is this a limited edition that I just need to snag right now?

1 Like

According to Cassie Brace they are all like that and are not noticeable unless you bend the fingers back, I’m assuming that wont be fixed. I decided to leave mine there since they all have it and I don’t like the idea of cutting my dolls. Its true that you cant see it unless you bend the fingers back but I do that when I paint. Ill just try to make it look as natural as possible.

1 Like

Ok that makes me feel a bit better at least. I think I’ll go ahead a buy her then! Thanks for the input!

2 Likes

I just got her tonight and her face is the cutest!! Don’t like that hand issue, but I’ll live with it since the rest of her is sooo adorable! Bigger than I thought she’d be too!

1 Like

I had to start painting her right away :slight_smile:

Yep she’s going on my painting table TODAY!

1 Like