A lesson learned

I sat and visited with a person, over the phone, that told me in detail wht she wanted in a reborn. We were to meet the next day for her to pay the deposit. I Felt so sure in the sale that I went ahead and ordered everything to her liking…She didn’t show up and when she finally answered my text she wanted to meet in the middle of the night. When I told her that we would have to meet before her next shift… in the day… there was no further response. At least I will have another baby to place for sale…

3 Likes

Ugh!! How weird… ( and scary) Some people. :flushed: They think nothing of wasting people’s time, energy and money.

3 Likes

So sorry you had to deal with someone ridiculous like that! Who can go on in good faith and waste someone’s time and money like that? Awful

1 Like

Crazy NO WAY would i meet someone in the middle of the night.

4 Likes

That sounds crazy. At least you got out of that one on time.

1 Like

That sounds crazy!!

1 Like

Some people are just amazing. Few weeks back I sold something on Gumtree - pick up only. It was Thursday and the conversation went something like this

1 - “Can we collected today?”, me " Yes, what time?" - no more contact
2 - next day “we could come today afternoon” me “Yes that is fine, what time?” nothing
3 - Saturday “how about today afternoon” me “Yes,…”, she got back! “OK, my father will be there at 7”, Fine with me and I gave her my address.
4 - nobody turns up, I go to bed about 10.30, and fall asleep, then at 11.30 the phone rings. I cannot jump out of bed in the best of times, I have to get up slowly, so I do not even try. I just listened to the message they were leaving: “i am in front of your house; guess you went out (???), I will come over later”. WHAT!!! It’s almost a midnight! NO WAY, I am opening the door to a strange man.

The item is still listed, so I change it by adding something that it can be collected during daytime only. Next I get an email, saying that they can collect Tuesday, and I reply," fine, between 1 and 2 in the afternoon". Then she says “I think we will leave it, we are worried it would not be pleasant to collect the item”. I do not respond. Monday late afternoon I am just about to have a shower when there is a knock on the door, thinking it’s my neighbor, who left her sunglasses earlier that day, I pull on the 1st thing that is hanging in the bathroom; old gardening t-shirt that only just covers my bottom and answer the door; it’s the father! I just give him the item, take money and he tries to have a chat about my cats who sit in the front …

4 Likes

Oh my!! Sometimes I would just like to say, Sorry it’s been sold.

1 Like

Oh my! People amaze me…Where is common courtesy?