So I bought these Middleton parts at a great deal to restore for myself.
When stuffed, the baby looked like this:
I took the long haired wig off (too much hair for my tastes) and removed the glue from the hairline with a dremmel and some acetone. I cleaned up the vinyl which is in very good shape except for a couple freckle specks on the top of one hand and the back of one leg. These are the type specks that look like pepper ingrained into the vinyl. No big deal. Beauty Marks! I took some oil pastels and blushed baby’s rolls, cheeks, ears, nose and forehead. Oil paints take several weeks to cure but since this baby is going to be staying here it doesn’t matter. I love the look you can get accentuating coloring with oil pastels for just a little extra hint of blush. I pinked up the lips and sealed them with gloss sealer as well as added nail tips and sealed them too. I darkened the nostrils for depth and used a little matte sealer in them to make them look moist. I also replaced the eyelashes because I melted one accidentally while using a heat set gun to dry some of the oil paint on the face enough to handle it. I added a poly pellet pack to the bum and stuffed the body with poly fill and attached the head. Now we are just waiting on a wig.
The face before: