Yellow baby

I painted Ana Awake and stained her yellow and orange a few weeks ago. I stripped her and she’s still yellow and pink in some places. Garbage can or can I still work with her?

A picture would help :slight_smile: I’m not familiar with the paints you used but I know others here are that can probably help

1 Like

Try a second stripping. What did you use to strip her? No garbage can. Somebody might be able to use her for an alternative. Do you have any pictures?

I’m in the process of stripping her again. The green is from when I was painting her and the paint and primer stuck to my fingers. I’m still peeling that off lol!

What did you use to strip her? I’m sure she can be saved- she doesn’t look that bad off!

1 Like

She’s definitely salvageable.

1 Like

I used all the stuff. Soap, pink soap, Newton and Winsor, nail polish remover, carpet cleaner which works great, alcohol, Ajax, and anything that wouldn’t damage her vinyl.

1 Like

Wowza! What did you paint her with? I’m surprised Windsor and Newton didn’t work.

What @jeanhai said… If you can’t get it stripped off make you an alternative baby!! :slightly_smiling_face: Definitely don’t chunk her.

1 Like

I painted her with Newton and Winsor paint. The first time I didn’t prime and the yellow attached and soaked in. Refuses to leave. I was doing the primary method. I’m wondering if I can keep working her once she’s stripped again and try for a brown color. Her lips and nails are why I’m stripping again. They didn’t take paint at all. It took forever to get the paint to stick. I think it’s because I didn’t put the primer on them as well as the rest of her. I used liquitex matte fluid this last time.

Any ideas for an alternative? Maybe a fantasy color palette? She could be Tinkerbell!

2 Likes

Tinkerbell is a great idea @Theara !! I’ve actually ordered some fairy gel to try to make one myself oneday. They yellow/pink/orange with sparkles would be so pretty, especially in the sun!!
You could even add some little twisty vines crawling up her legs or something like that… Little flowers in her hair… You’ve got me thinking now… :thinking: lol

2 Likes

I have glitter gel in my cabinet. Hmm…

1 Like

Would super fine grit sandpaper help?

1 Like

There ya go, Get your thinking cap on girl!! If you were going to trash it anyway then it’s a good kit to practice on.

1 Like

Yeah yellow can be a pain! Her lips actually look nice to me in the pictures you posted. Maybe try stripping again and see what comes off. As others said, she is still good to practice on or make into a fantasy baby! Don’t get discouraged, everyone has a trouble baby at some point :purple_heart:

1 Like

What about an AA baby? I had that happen with yellow once and couldn’t get it off no matter how hard I tried. Good luck.:footprints::baby:

2 Likes

Try full -strength acetone!

I should try that. I was scared after I read warnings about the vapors and fire. I think she’s either a alternative baby or an AA/Biracial baby. That yellow has claimed her now. Nothing more can be done.:rofl: