Wip, umbilical cord

I have been trying for awhile now to get a realistic looking umbilical cord. Well I think I may have found the method that I think comes close. Please let me know what you think. The top 2 pics are real that were posted earlier of a new born. Thanks so much for the great pictures. The rest are what I put together. I need to add magnets and do some more painting. But the dry skin look was what I was going for. They are very flexible and I painted them GHSP. This is just my frost a temp.

12 Likes

WOW!! Looking really good so far!!

1 Like

Looking good! Thanks for using my photos!

2 Likes

wowzers! Its hard to believe its not real! What do you make these out of? Interesting! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’d like to add that the first 2 pictures are of a real 6 day old little guy :slight_smile: Photos taken by me and shared with permission from his mama

3 Likes

Yes thank you so much for the pictures they helped a lot. I can make tnem as long as I want no molding , pouring. Also I think I can make my own skin stamps.

4 Likes

How did you make the cord? It looks great! I’ve been sculpting them out of clay but they don’t look quite as good

1 Like

There is no sculpting. It is liquid latex.

Interesting! I’d love a tutorial if you’d be able to, it looks great!

3 Likes

I will try to put something together. Thanks everyone

4 Likes

Thank you so much :slight_smile: I appreciate it!

1 Like

I’ve watched videos in the past on making umbilical cords. Brought everything, but haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

Holy CROW that’s liquid latex? I’ve never in my life thought to apply it in any way to reborning, but that cord looks AWESOME.

4 Likes

It looks awesome, you really nailed the ‘dry skin’ look!

1 Like

Wow! You totally nailed this one, @Stroy!! Great job!

Plans of a tutorial in the works. I will keep you posted.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for your support :heart:

2 Likes

Just now seeing this, nice photos @MilosMeadows and how realistic @Stroy I’d love a tutorial on that too! That skin stamp is nice too.

3 Likes

That looks GROSS! Fantastic job! Please show us how you did it.