3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

The second baby is real shinny how do I get rid of that

matte varnish…

It’s just called Matt varinish ?

1 Like

How did they get so shiny? If we can determine what happened, you can avoid it on the next doll.

I would use matte varnish and put a coat on and bake twice.

Laurie

2 Likes

Assuming you are using Genesis, it’s called matte varnish. You pounce it on like paint and bake it like the paint only do it two or three times letting the vinyl cool between bakes.

2 Likes

Are you using baby FX?

I could be wrong but I think you mentioned air dry before?
If so it has a matting powder… You mix it in with sure bond.
http://www.irresistables.com/product/MATTINGPOWDER/Baby-FX---Matting-Powder.html

1 Like

My guess would be you are using Air dry. I have never seen a baby get that shiny without melting using Heat set paints.

1 Like

If you’re using air dry paint, mixing a little matte medium in with the paint should prevent shine.

1 Like

Idk and I did it exactly how I did my other baby and I use baby fx air dry paints

1 Like

Yes Iam using baby fx air dry and I am pretty sure I have the powder it came with my starter kit but it don’t have a label on it but it is a powder and I ain’t never used it before … What’s the mixing ratio ?

Thank you so much Iam gonna try it and they have not been sealed yet …

Eveytime I mix my layers ?

Do I finish the kit out and then matte it or do I do it now before I go any further ?

What are you using to thin your paints? Babyfx paints are supposed to be matte once dry.