WIP Photo Tutorial

I’m working on a photography tutorial right now, I’m wondering if you ladies see anything that I’m missing? It’s over 100 pages long right now and will be available as a PDF for possibly a small fee (not sure if/how much yet, once it’s done I’ll be having a few friends proofread it and then recommend the cost or if it’s even worth money) Once it’s all written I will be working on prettying it up some.
Is there anything else you want to know about photography, other than what is already there?

5 Likes

Watermarking?

I never do that so I don’t have any advice on that :rofl: I’m too lazy to watermark

Lighting and camera settings were the two things I was hoping for, and it looks like you have those covered :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this for reborns or real live baby photography? If so a last topic might be care and safety

Just reborns, but a lot of it applies to real baby photography too. Like when I went over posing, my main point was that if it was safe for a real baby it was safe for your doll.

1 Like

Not sure if you want to cover this, but I personally shoot in raw

I could, I suppose. I can’t personally shoot in Raw so I don’t even think about it. I think raw would be overkill for most artists purposes, but I can touch on it.

1 Like

You need photoshop though to Change from raw to printable format so that might open a can of new worms. I can’t think of anything else, I think you have covered all the bases😁

Exactly, that’s one of the reasons I don’t shoot raw. Also I just don’t have enough space on my computer, as it is I have to load photos directly from my memory card to google photos because I don’t have any space on my computer and have nothing I can get rid of to make space. You can also use Lightroom but that software is a lot harder to use than photoshop is IMO, I’ve used both and can’t get lightroom to work well for me. For professional photography, raw is the way to go, but for selling dolls I think jpeg is just fine.

I was going to do a section on wrapping but I can’t explain that in pictures and written text, I’d need to do a video and I don’t have the setup to do that.

1 Like

Actually, I use Paint Shop Pro and I have both Raw and the other types of photos.

1 Like

Anyone else have any suggestions? I’d like to finish it up and send it off to be proofread ASAP! I’m excited for you guys to see it!

1 Like

That is good to know, I always thought you could Only use PS!

1 Like

It’s all done now, I believe. Could I get 2 volunteers to read it through and give me some feedback, please? Preferably those who have little to no knowledge on photography! Pm me or comment here. Thanks!

1 Like