WIP/Eyelashes

Soooo, I finally was able to place eyelashes on Ashley. I used only one top eyelash to cover both eyes. Same lash, same placement, yet one eyelash curls up beautifully and the other doesn’t hardly at all. Any tricks to make the stubborn eyelash do what I want it to do? Thanks! :grin:

4 Likes

I personally find that how deep into the eye you place the lash affects how it looks. Try pulling the droopy one out a bit and see if it sits more like its neighbor

1 Like

Thank you! I wondered about that, but the eyes look like they measure the same. I will try to move it closer to the edge. I have already glued it, so not sure if I will be able to get it to budge. I wish I had a tiny curling iron. Lol

2 Likes

They are looking great! What may I ask do you glue your lashes with?

1 Like

I like the last pic. Looks very realistic

2 Likes

Sometimes, due to how the eye sits in the socket, the eyelash will go up between the socket and the eye. Its very frustrating when one eye fits perfect and the other doesnt but thats typically what happens and then if you use applied eyelashes its very difficult to get them the same. You could either pull one out or tuck the other in a bit. I wish open eye babies were easier to root eyelashes on. Some babies I can root lashes and some I cant…I think I just need the right kind of hair.

1 Like

Thanks! I use Gem-Tac. It dries clear.

1 Like

Too funny! Thats the eyelash that won’t point up. Maybe I should slightly trim the other one?

1 Like

That might be the easiest way to make them match? :thinking:

1 Like

When that happens to me, I take a small piece of a wet paper towel folded up. and lay it on the eye and eyelash to push it up. Leave it overnight until the paper towel is dry and then remove it. It usually does the trick in pushing the eyelash up.

5 Likes

Good luck getting them even. I loathe eyelashes.

1 Like

Thanks sooooo much!!! I am going to try that! :grin:

I will let you know how she does. :hugs:

3 Likes

Did it work? You might have to push it down and up into her eye a little bit more if it didn’t do it. I also have little bits of cloth I sometimes use. They are really small but cover the top of the eyelid and lashes well enough.

2 Likes

I won’t know until tomorrow. I am leaving it on all night. :blush:
Thanks for the tips! :grin:

3 Likes

IT WORKED!!! :partying_face::tada: Thank you soooo much! I am so excited! :grin:

3 Likes

I’m glad it worked!

2 Likes

Wow, Julie! Thank you for sharing that!

2 Likes