Winner Announced! My PIF open until 1/7/17

Things have been crazy so I haven’t had time to do my PIF. This topic may have been done but let’s pretend it hasn’t :wink:.
What/who made you want to get into Reborning? Also, is there someone in this field you aspire to be like or as good as?
For me I have wanted to do it since it out and never did. Once I had my daughter and she is such a doll girl that gave me the push to get involved. I don’t have as much time to devote to it as I would like but someday.
Someday I would love to be as good as @anon72659292 or @sweetiepieapril and actually so many others right here on this forum. I am very lucky to be involved with so many talented ladies that are all so willing to help at any given time.
Good luck ladies, I will draw a winner at random Saturday evening sometime! Thank you!!

4 Likes

I don’t have any particular artist, as I love everyone’s work, though I prefer any baby that does not look “normal”. I got into Doll Art because I wanted to make a baby girl since I was gifted a boy Berenguer from my old job. Then I got addicted. So far I have 2 that I have painted myself, Miles and Riley, and one from Simone, Gracie. I have given away a few to my family and I am not finished with them yet. I am doing my first Swap, very nervous about that, lol. Once I am done with them and a few more that I will be keeping, I hope to start selling them. I also plan to give one away to the senior center near me. I too am very happy with all the help that I have received from this forum.

I almost forgot my pre painted Kimi that I got from JillianJade. I am stuffing her now!

1 Like

When I was a child and I wanted to buy something, my mom would always say, “You could make that yourself.” Now, every time I want to buy something, I always hear her voice in my head! Especially reborns. :grin:

I bought a very low quality reborn when I was a freshman in high school for 140 dollars, and since she was my first, I thought that was just how reborns were supposed to be painted. But then I got a baby that was over $300, and I realized that my first (cheap) baby was really terribly done! That was the first time I tried reborning. I used Luminaire paints, which faded after about a year, but here’s a picture of my first reborn right after I painted him:

I never got into painting dolls consistently, but I’ve dabbled here and there. It’s a lot of fun! But I know I’ll never get into reborning full-time.

1 Like

Pay it forward. Not stupid, if you don’t know. I didn’t know when I started on the forum.

2 Likes

Bump

Bump

Bump

Anyone else?

1 Like

Are you still going to do the draw? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, sorry crazy weekend! @teacupbears my daughter drew your name! Congrats! Pm me your address and I will get it out to you this week! Thanks for participating everyone!!

4 Likes

Just sent you a PM :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations @teacupbears !

3 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

I see the pif is over but felt typey I guess. I got into because I’m a life long baby doll fan and artist. When birthdays rolled around dolls and colors (crayons. Map pencils) were all I wanted. I remember asking my mom many times when I was little and even as I got older " why don’t they make dolls that look real". I lived in a small town and it was well before the internet. So if it wasnt at the local shops, it didn’t exist. many years later I came across reborns. I looked at them online for YEARS before I bought one. I loved her but kept analyzing the artistry. Thinking, I like this part, might have done such and such differently, wonder how they did this and that. So I starting reading tutorials and watching videos. Eventually ordered a beginners kit from bb. There are techniques from various artists that I like. Couldn’t pick a favorite.

3 Likes