Why Bald?

Iā€™ve noticed alot of bald babies lately and people seem to really like them, Iā€™m personally not a fan as babies are never really ā€œbaldā€. What are your opinions and why do people like the baldness so much?:smiley:

4 Likes

Iā€™m not a fan of bald babies, either. Maybe theyā€™re selling because the prices are less than the ones with hair?

3 Likes

Iā€™m enjoy having bald babies as well as creating them. Less fussing as far as hair during clothing changes and i enjoy adding lots of detail to the head while painting.

7 Likes

I was a bald baby! And I love making bald babies because you canā€™t mess up their hair when you snuggle them! Butā€¦ I love to root, so I have t been doing to many baldies lately!!

8 Likes

3 baldies, one with fuzz, and one with fuzz on top and a little tuft at back. LOL

Here is my hairiest baby out of 5ā€¦ little girl - 5 pounds 1 oz.

about 6 weeksā€¦ and one from now. Never had a hair cut. (19 months old) excuse her toys in her shirtā€¦ lol. She is part kangaroo. :wink:

15 Likes

I REALLY like the bald or painted hair best because my favorite part is dressing them and the icing on the cake? BOWS & HATSā€‹:smile: The hair gets in the way of my icing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

My daughter was bald until she was 2 1/2. Born with no hair at all. Not even fuzz. I donā€™t mind the bald babies but I prefer the painted hair babies. Donā€™t care for rooted babies. Too much to mess with.

6 Likes

I was a seriously preemie baby and smooth as a marbleā€¦I didnā€™t have hair, eyebrows, peach fuzz or anything. All of my baby pictures until I was at least 5 or 6 months old, I looked like a little brown cue ball. Back then they didnā€™t have all the cute frilly little hair things they do now for bald baby girls. Luckily my mother was an excellent seamstress and kept my bald little self looking very girly.

8 Likes

Lol! Iā€™ve never reborned a doll but I have rooted and I agree!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I love hearing every bodies thoughtsšŸ˜Š

Sometimes the head is so beautiful that they need to be left bald or very lightly painted hair.

4 Likes

I was totally BALD till I was almost 2, and so was my youngest son. I :heart: bald babies!
Here I am:

My youngest son, finally getting a little peach fuzz at 6 months old:

Even Miss Sophia went through a semi-bald stage:

17 Likes

Forget the bald noggin, look at that cute little tushie! I love baby bums :heart:

7 Likes

It is hard to root peach fuzz. One of my babies was not bald but looked like it because he had very fine blond hair on his very fair head. I personally like baldiesā€¦if they have the head for it.

6 Likes

Same hee, I like petting little hats on my babies. No messy hair to deal with when changing hats.

3 Likes

Some of them have such cute head shapes that I donā€™t want it hidden by hair. I also love hats, so there is no point wasting time or materials on hair if a hat will cover it 99.9999% of the time.

5 Likes

Yeah, well thatā€™s long goneā€¦LOL

5 Likes

Lololololololol Karen you crack me up! You too @nimletā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø

3 Likes

So strange how babies differ. My sister was born 4 1/2 months early at 1lb and she was a hairy little thing. As she grew to her due date, she lost it all but she was born with dark almost black hair everywhere. LOL

4 Likes

I think I was 2Ā¹/Ā² month early, 3lbs and some oz. Did your sister stay small like most preemies? I didnā€™t lol. By the time I was school aged I was really tall. My kindergarten class picture, I was closer to the teachers height and towered over my class mates ā€¦awkward times lol.

1 Like