Who's going to Rose International Doll Show

Well there will be one the following year!!

And I hope to go to that one. :slight_smile:

If you got the combo pass it will include your dinner for both nights, baby shower, awards banquet and an ice cream social and the entrance to both days of the doll show itself. You really donā€™t need a car, take the shuttle from the SLC airport thatā€™s what I did. It will cost $33 each way plus a tip. I think that would be cheaper than renting a car. There are eating places within walking distance (close) and a little diner in the hotel itself. For lunch we grabbed a sandwich or nachos or a hot dog inside the show at the concession stand (rather inexpensive too). Iā€™m pretty thrifty so I took instant oatmeal for breakfast and ate that in my room, they had really good microwaves in the rooms!! I also drink hot tea, took that from home also and some snacks for later at night just in case I needed them (diabetic). You really should go, it is so fun to meet everyone and see and buy all the cool stuff for the babies!! Oh and the refrigerators in the rooms are also awesome. This is at the Hilton Garden Inn BTW!!

5 Likes

When I reserved my room (different hotel) I made sure it had breakfast included also. :slight_smile: So I only needed to worry about lunch/snacks in the car. But this year I plan to be there longer. And hang out with some lovely forum ladies (and spouses) more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely!! I am sooooo hoping to go, I have it all planned but is contingent on whether or not I still have my invalid dog. If she is still with me then I wonā€™t be able to go.

The really cool thing about staying at the Hilton is itā€™s connected to the Davis Con. Center and if you get tired you can just go to your room and rest for a little while!! Thatā€™s cool!!

2 Likes

Not me but I wish! I always love to see photos from these shows.

1 Like

I donā€™t know nothing about Utah. If I could get a hotel right next door for a decent price n flight I would go. I donā€™t wanna have to drive anywhere. I donā€™t like to drives in states Iā€™m unfamiliar with.

1 Like

There is a large airport (salt lake city, Utah) about 30 minutes away from the conference center (Layton, Utah). There is a hotel attached to the conference center. (also other motel/hotels and restaurants within walking distance) and there is a shuttle bus from the airport for a fee.
Also I think Bountiful Baby ran a van a few times from the airport and to the airport on the last day. (not sure on their schedule)
Largest red circle is the conference center, the smaller red circles are motels/hotels, and the green are places to eat (remember there is food included at the events and some hotels/motels have breakfast)

2 Likes

So far it looks like Iā€™ll be there if Iā€™m not exhausted after my daughters wedding in April. But Iā€™ll have months to recover, so I should be there! I already have reservations at the hotel, but havenā€™t bought my tickets yetā€¦ I had to pay for Christmas first, LOL.

1 Like

Hi Helen, I havenā€™t bought any tickets yet either. I have to see how everything goes with Zoey before I spend money on a flight and tickets for the show. I do have the hotel reservations though.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it would be hard. She would probably enjoy all the dollies and all the ā€œauntiesā€ she would meet!