Who should I bring?

I’m part of an entertainment group that does all kinds of events/ experiences. Mostly medieval reenactments, but we also do things from tv/movies.
They’re considering letting me use one or multiple reborns to educate people about childcare in medieval times.
The next event that’s coming up is for an old TV show and doesn’t have to be that historically correct, so I may be allowed to bring a reborn there. I want to use it as sort of a trial run, see how guests respond and such.
However, I really don’t know which one to bring! I’ll be carrying her around, probably in a plain brown blanket showing nothing but her face so I’m bringing a baldie.
Which of these three do you think looks best/ most realistic?

5 Likes

3 because the mouth is closed

1 Like

Twin is the most realistic to my eyes, maybe put a paci some time.

1 Like

I personally would say twin a or Levi

3 Likes

Since it’s medieval, a pacifier isn’t an option. But I could put her thumb in her mouth.

2 Likes

So just learned a fun thing! Pacifiers were first cited in a literature book in 1473! And likely made of Ivory So depending on what year is considered historically accurate for this event you may be able to get away with it as long as you could have one that was accurate? Could be interesting!

4 Likes

Very interesting! We usually do the period referred to as the high middle ages, roughly from 1000 until 1300, so that would be too early. But the TV show should take place at around 1500, so I may get away with it.
I think it’s gonna be very hard to find an accurate pacifier like that, though. Ivory is illegal to purchase (in my country anyways) but possibly I could look for a bone one. Maybe have one made at some point? Definitely a cool thing to educate people about!
But since the event is right before Christmas, I likely won’t have enough time to get my hands on one. Twin A will have to suck her thumb if I bring her.

1 Like

You could have a wood or resin one made to look similar I’d imagine? Most of the historical work I’ve done has been 1500 onwards, there were also sugar sucker sacks made to use similar to pacifiers. I wouldn’t be surprised if the silver spoon adage came from a pacifier since I think it said something about them often having silver handles??

1 Like

I would go with Levi and wear him in a sling if you are not portraying a wealthy merchant or noble. How fun!

2 Likes

I vote Levi!

1 Like

Twin or Levi :wink:

1 Like

I vote for Levi for sure!

1 Like

Levi!

1 Like

You can make a pacifier from clay

1 Like

I think Levi is the most realistic.