Who on here uses Air Dry Paint?

. I would like to know who on here uses Air Dry. Does anyone use Art & Magic © WaterBorne if so can you tell me is there a final matte varnish that can be used on these paints?

1 Like

I use fx and they are worth every penny!

2 Likes

I have been using air dry paints for a little over 7 yrs. I have used the Art & Magic paints and they work very well for me. I am currently trying the Miracle Blend paints. I’ve used several brands of paint and for the past 6-8 months I have been using the Folkart outdoor matte sealer. Debbie Henshaw has a tutorial on how to apply the sealer.

3 Likes

I have used that paint and do the same as Rainbow.

1 Like

I am using Baby FX air dry paints and totally love them. I did try the Art and Magic paints and they were okay but not my favorite paints. I have used the Outdoor Matte Sealer by FolkArt before and it is a good sealer. Baby FX has a sealer called Sure Bond and a separate matting powder you mix with it so you can control how matte you want it.

3 Likes

You can mix your own using artist grade acrylics for sure. I know others do so. The one thing I know about Baby FX is that Melissa had them formulated to rival the best reborn air dry paints on the market minus any caustic ingredients. She was using air dry paints all along and wanted to develop her own line that would be of the best quality and safest to use. The safety along with the fact that my babies look just like they did when I painted with Genesis is my reasons for sticking with this brand.

4 Likes