Which vinyl is Brooklyn 8 months?

Just wondering which vinyl she is. New or old? Anyone have her and able to tell?

1 Like

IDK but the recommended body appears to have been pulled because it didn’t fit her. Now it’s out of stock.

1 Like

Mine just arrived, vinyl seems very nice. Should be easy to paint. No overwhelming smell when I opened the bag, which was nice. Flanges look good and sturdy. I am sort of obsessed with flanges these days but hers look fine to me. I ordered the larger Emmy toddler body for her and her chunky legs barely fit the openings; she’s going to be fun to shop for!

2 Likes

Is she the really soft vinyl, regular soft or firmer vinyl?

I would say firmer soft, not super soft like NB Sage.

1 Like

I’m having trouble micro rooting Brooklyn, I’ve already snapped and bent 2 needles and I’ve only just started, and thats with a heat lamp. I don’t usually snap needles, I use the same one on multiple bubs, it’s only been 2 BB kits with bad vinyl so far.

2 Likes

I root like @jeanhai and I think @pia but basically instead of using a heat lamp you pack the head full of poly pellets and I just stuff in a washcloth or a few paper towels to keep them from coming out the neck flange. I used to break so many rooting needles on harder heads using a heat lamp, the poly pellet method works incredibly well, I rarely break needles, even on German vinyl rock heads. Personally I’d give it a try, I have an 8 month Brooklyn also and think her firmer vinyl would work much better with pellets :slight_smile:

1 Like