Which of these bodies are you favorite?

Depending on your kits limbs, which bodies are your favorite?

3 Likes

2, 3, 4

1 Like

I like the front loading legs. Gives more clothing options and the legs don’t fly everywhere, haha.

1 Like

are you counting from right to left?

The other styles make them look like football players. :wink: But some kits that are larger look better on the other bodies, like Jacelyn, Gabriel, etc.

1 Like

@EnchantedOrphanage lol, I need to try the front ones.
@jlesser lol you’re right, they do look like football players lol.

with #2, are the legs able to move around. I’ve never had that one and it looks like it’ll be stiff.

I am trying to think if I have made one with that exact body or not… I think I have bought some but don’t recall if I have used it yet… I think I normally get the body for “Kase” instead… The leg opening look more angled.
I normally coat the flange indent of the limbs with Aleene’s paper glaze and it lets it turn easier. Or I will use neck rings if I have some that fit and that lets the legs turn easier. I have a habit of over stuffing and making them a little froggy legged. (working on that :wink: )

item 3432

1 Like

I prefer the Avery body style. The new realborn bodies are too slim and the holes too small.

I love the Realborn bodies but I agree the openings are just a little too small for other kits.

1 Like

which one is that one?

The ones with the gathered bottoms are Realborn. Avery is the bottom right of the first 6. I don’t like these bodies because the neck openings are huge and bunch up around the necks and make the chests too big. The arm and leg caps are too big. They bulge and don’t fit well and make clothes not fit well, either. (Look at top left photo and you’ll see what I mean) The arm caps are set too far back, almost to where the shoulder blades would be. All these things considered, the babies end up looking like linebackers doing bust excercises. They can be adjusted but it’s a lot of work to take them apart and re-do them. I’d rather pay a little extra and buy ones that fit properly.

1 Like

I like 2,3,4 not a fan of the ones without gathers.

1 Like

Lol! Yes! Fun trying to dress a baby with leg caps and they are flopping all over :joy: I really like the real born bodies with full legs. They look perfect in a onsie!

I ONLY buy the Realborn bodies (the ones shown with a gathered bottom) because I think they look the most realistic. I totally agree that they are way TOO skinny but at the same time, I much prefer the position of the arms and legs on them. It looks best when the baby is both naked and clothed. With the standard Bountiful Baby bodies I think the baby looks weird. Like the arms and legs are just stuck on as opposed to being part of the body (if that makes any sense) and when I pick up the baby with the standard bodies the arms and legs flop back super unnaturally.

Anyway, Bountiful Baby if you’re reading…PLEASE make the Realborn bodies chubbier!!!

3 Likes

I got so frustrated at leg caps I started making my own bodies. I make and angled leg cap that is only and inch wide at the top and right up to the casing seam on the bottom. That is for front loading legs to make them work as full. I use them for larger babies that need to sit up. Side loading full legs are my favorite because you don’t need joints to make the legs move. I make my own bodies for those too. Otherwise I use front loading for all my newborns since they just lay there.

3 Likes

I am totally ignorant about bodies. Are there any tutorials about them? I don’t know what joints are…or the purpose of those white discs sewn into the bodies…I would consider making my own but I wouldn’t know if I had to put those things in it are not…

1 Like

Joints are the white discs. They’re readily available, in different sizes, online, They’re not sewn in. You make a small cross cut in the body and the cap for the post to go through. They allow the 3/4 limbs to move realistically. For full limb bodies they’re not necessary. Instead of rings, I put super glue in the limb and neck grooves so they turn easily. PMd you.

1 Like

I don’t stuff the arms all the way so they don’t get that linebacker thing.

3 Likes

I love the full limb unjointed bodies…with the bum and chest gathering…makes the baby have more of a natural baby shape and not so overly stuffed looking.

5 Likes