Which babies have you stripped?

I painted my first reborn today… badly. I stupidly built her then decided she looked far better plain unpainted, so disassembled and stripped her… It would be nice to know I’m not alone in doing a dreadful first…

The last one is to show between stripped and unstripped. I used air dry to paint and acetone to strip. I prefer the kits skin tone now that before, she looked a bit grey initially.

Also, any tips for repainting her will be gratefully received!

1 Like

I strip about 1/3 kit… I am perfectionnist !
My 1st, I have strip it maybe 5-6 time, I don’t remember.

I how you learn !
In french, we have this sentence
" 100 fois sur le métier remettez votre ouvrage"

2 Likes

Today was my day…or not! Esme’s painting has gone awry! The more I tried to fix my error the worse she looked so I ended up stripping her and have to start over now! If anyone ever tries to tell you these air dry RebornFX paints are not permanent, tell them I KNOW differently! I never had such a hard time as this stripping off Genesis!

1 Like

Honestly if it’s a BB kit that I got on sale I’d rather throw it in the lake and get another kit. I hate stripping. I will do anything to avoid it. I tried stripping a Megan head once and it was such a mess I finally just got another one and started over. Thank goodness I rarely do a high end kit! I can’t imagine having to strip one.

1 Like

Just stripped & pulled out a full head of hair on my Levi. He’s getting a much needed makeover!

Too many!!! lol

Never. I partially stripped 2 to make Vitiligo babies, but other than that my kids would love a booboo baby just as much as any other, so if I make one I feel needs stripped their collection will grow. :wink:

And I will start over on a new kit.
I do not do customs so I don’t have to worry about messing up a certain kit and not being able to start over.

3 Likes

Haha, I have nobody to give a boo boo baby to! And I don’t think a charity shop would appreciate how much it’s worth even as a boo boo. I can’t afford a new kit each time, without at least looking at stripping. It had been painted for about 12 hours before I decided to strip so it actually just came straight off, I was pleasantly surprised. Time will tell if she can be repainted properly, but this time I’ll go easy on the blue wash!

1 Like

Yes I bought this Esme on the 2ndary market and paid about $250 for her so I was not about to have her messed up looking! So stripping it was. She is all primed and ready to be repainted though.

1 Like

Yep, my first kit I stripped twice and am about to strip again along with my second kit. I don’t mind stripping, I suppose that came from my art teacher pounding into my head “never be afraid to erase and start over!”

2 Likes

As much work as it was, I am glad I stripped her. I am much happier with Esme’s skin coloring now!!! WARNING NO EYES YET

10 Likes

Lol i remember the lake one.

2 Likes

Poor Gracie! :laughing:

I love her! May I ask if you don’t mind sharing how you achieved the shades? I understand if you can’t :slight_smile:

I use air dry paints. I cannot remember all the exact colors I used but I started with color shades in the primary families of red, yellow, and blue in mottling patterns, and added veining etc. Then moved on to a few skin tones, creases, final blushing, Panpastel enhancements for yellow nose and purple undertones and then gave her a sap green wash at the end.

3 Likes

She’s just beautiful :two_hearts::kissing_heart:

That baby is nice! @anjsmiles

Thank you ladies!

Well, I was terrified of painting hair but having stripped the first kit once, I was less scared of stripping again so I did hair. I think the hair looks ok. I’m not completely happy with the look but I’ll live with it until I feel like stripping and restarting again (I’ve stripped her twice already!) The second kit, I put far less on, and I’m much happier with the result. I think I was trying for too much, too soon. I know there’s not much on kit 2, but the hair is much better than I was anticipating! I will probably keep her as she is, and add a few extra details when I get the chance.

1 Like

I’ve stripped several.
Hate doing it, but happy I can strip them and get rid of paint I dislike.

2 Likes