Where can I buy glass beads in large amount?

I would like to buy them in large amounts (that’s not to expensive) so I dont have to order them everytime i create a baby

1 Like

A lot of people have said they order from this shop on ebay - Abrasive Armory | eBay Stores

Walmart also has huge buckets. (BB’s beads are sieve 20-30… I think these are the biggest Walmart has 25-40)
https://www.walmart.com/ip/BALLOTINI-G3-25-40-Ground-Glass-25-40-US-Sieve-53-lbs.-Blast-Media/40894870

1 Like

I buy from Abrasive Armory and also from Sybil Ray and have been very happy with purchases at both places.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-LBS-GLASS-BEADS-FOR-WEIGHTING-YOUR-REBORN-DOLLS-/302369147030?hash=item46669b0896:m:mFQXAiwu3_v4sjVMqHH0IMQ

1 Like

Any non- eBay options? I really don’t feel like opening another account…

Is 25-40 bigger than 20-30? Some things, like rooting needles, are smaller the bigger the size. Are the Walmart beads clear white or that funky gray color? It’s a good price. That bucket is 52.55 lbs.

1 Like

Smaller sieve number is bigger.

The walmart ones are white. But I bought the wrong size so mine are smaller than needed.

2 Likes

Thanks Jenni.

2 Likes

So this Walmart 25-40 would be the correct size if someone wanted to try them? Thanks for the link I don’t do eBay either without a stand in lol

1 Like

I think they are slightly smaller than BB’s beads but the largest listed on Walmart.com.

I use tights instead of nylons. 1 full leg per pouch. So they are normally tripled layered once done and no beads seep out, and I have the smaller size. (by a lot actually… I think mine are 50-70… and didn’t realize it and have a huge bucket… but plan to get bigger beads soon and maybe mix them until they are gone. )

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up , the price is not bad for the amount of beads if they would be large enough for use perhaps if used in the body a glove might work instead of nylon ?

1 Like

Gloves could work but I seen many posts about “scammers” using gloves instead of proper stuffing material… on facebook scammer groups. And personally wouldn’t want to argue with anyone over something so silly. I have also seen some artists state that the weight is better and the beads are better contained in a vinyl glove… so there is 2 sides to it, but I choose to stay with the tights.

Mine are smaller beads than I posted links to and they don’t seep out of the tights. I buy a box that has 3 pairs in them. I buy the largest size on the shelf. And only the pack with white/pink/cream colors so I dont need to worry about any color bleeding for any reason.

Here are the tights I buy (but they don’t have the larger size in stock online)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/George-Girls-Microfiber-Tights-3-Pack/21054825?variantFieldId=actual_color

1 Like

Please notice the Walmart one’s are listed as “ground glass” and NOT “glass beads” there is a difference. Make sure you are getting what you want before purchasing. I wouldn’t buy “ground glass” JMO.

1 Like

They are round balls. Mine are just tiny… due to ordering the wrong sieve size.

1 Like

I use abrasive armory too

i buy mine local in OKC. look where you live and see if there are any companies that offer them they might under sandblasting company but they should have all different sizes. Mine are little glass balls also. a huge 50lb bucket was like $30. As slow as i’ve been they will last me a lifetime.