When reborns pass for real

My grandson is due to be born any day now & will be a home birth, so today I sent this picture of my WIP to my daughter in law through messenger, she looked at it quickly then flew down the stairs excitedly to inform my son that his nephew had been born, she then sent a message back tell me how beautiful he was, you can imagine she felt a complete idiot’s when I told her it was just a doll and baby was not yet born :joy: it made me laugh so much plus it gave me confidence that my painting was actually ok lol
Have any of you had similar experiences with your reborns?

13 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: it can happen! I posted this photo on my personal Facebook page with no explanation just the picture alone lol. Fooled every one of them. Right now I can’t go out for reactions so that was the next best thing. :joy::heart:

17 Likes

Omg that baby is VERY real!

3 Likes

Haha I can see why they were fooled x

3 Likes

I sent a picture of one of my reborns to my cousin who told everybody she knows that it was my newest nephew.

2 Likes

What kit is this? It’s really cute.

3 Likes

Where arw his eyes from? I love them!

2 Likes

I’m actually not sure… I got him second hand. I would honestly like to know myself they are so lifelike my camera certainly does no justice to them.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s Walter by Laura Tusio Ross.

1 Like

It’s just an unbranded kit from rebornland that I got to practise on x

1 Like

I sent a pic of a doll I had completed to my brothers and said “meet your new nephew!” He asked me if we had adopted.

4 Likes

Haha hilarious :joy::joy:

1 Like

One of my friends is a nurse. When i put my reborn pictures on my facebook page she always comments on how real they look and many of them fool her.

2 Likes