What's up with Amber's ears?!

I bought a used reborn lot a while back from the surviving daughter of a fellow reborn artist. Before her mother got ill she had started an Amber kit. Needless to say, I promised the daughter I would finish her mother’s doll and send her pictures once I finish her. I just took Amber out so, I can work on her and noticed her ears were very poorly sculpted. Has anyone else noticed the same?

3 Likes

Yes - there is not much detail to them :frowning:

2 Likes

Quite a few of the regular bb kits are like that.

3 Likes

I wonder if it’s because it’s just an older sculpt?

2 Likes

Most of the earlier kits are not the best in detail, ether because that’s just how things were sculpted or because it was made for BB so not as much detail went into them. Either way it’s most of the older kits

2 Likes

Wow! I’ve seen cheap Wal-Mart baby dolls with more detailed ears!!!

3 Likes

That is one thing I always look for when buying kits. The ears and hands and feet. I like detail in the ears, but not overly done hands and feet

3 Likes

I’m still going to give it my best shot since, I know the late collector and artist had hopes of finishing her. Maybe she will guide my hands when I do my best to add detail to these sad little ears :wink:

1 Like

Thank God I haven’t bought any of the kits with very little detail! I now know what to look for before I buy my next sculpt. I noticed BB doesn’t show a clear picture of Amber’s ears…

2 Likes

As the reborning art has developed, so has the level of artistic expression. Some of these sculpts have been around awhile. We are so lucky though that we get the privilege of being able to do the Realborns and the really detailed sculpts. They are such a pleasure.

5 Likes

She def has some strange ears

2 Likes

Worst ears! I just couldn’t get past them:-(

2 Likes

Amber, Kendal, Crissy and Sydney all have the same ears. I think it’s just how Pat Moulton sculpts them. I’m not crazy about them, either, but I did see a real baby with ears just like them.

3 Likes

Try reborning Rowan. She has one nice ear and the other is like the sculpter forgot to finish it. She is still a beautiful kit to reborn though.

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up :blush:… sha little baby​:baby:

1 Like

I guess I’ve just lucked out on the kits I’ve purchased so far :smirk: Although, I do look at the pictures of the blank vinyl pretty good before I decide to buy :blush:

1 Like

I hope to eventually reborn all of bb kits. Sometimes i glance over ones that i didnt think were cute and then see another artists version of them and have to go look at the kit closer and then i want it lol

4 Likes

She has an adorable face but yep…ears are not detailed and seem a bit low to me

Yeah, I thought the same. Oh well, hopefully she turns out so precious her ears won’t stand out :blush: I’ll definitely have to search for some pictures of her done though so I can see how the coloring looks on her little ears. That is if anyone posted a picture of her ears :wink:

1 Like

I’m so glad I’m not the only one that has issues with Amber’s ears. It’s the reason I haven’t purchased her kit. It’s too bad because the rest of her is pretty cute :slight_smile:

1 Like