What inspires you?

I was in a creative slump for all of my crafts after my partner was laid off. No new kits to paint until I can sell my Steven, no new yarn for crocheting until I work through my stash, and no new doll clothes unless I make them myself. I was feeling mopey about the whole thing and uninspired even at Christmas craft night with my friends.

Well, one of my best friend’s kids asked me to take her hand-me-down Ashton Drake to my “dolly hospital” for a new body (and to remove the broken breathing device). That little girl’s one simple request has absolutely filled my brain with inspiration. The doll has been cleaned inside and out, her stains have been lightened, and her new body is on the way! I do not feel brave enough to try to remove the glue and hair, but I will be re-blushing her with some air dry paints and sending her home with some hats.

Working on that well-loved baby inspired me to do something for myself with the silicone practice face I painted. I ordered a body through the HomeEcLady on Etsy and we will see what I can do. I would like to create myself some sort of bonnet-ed cuddle baby, I think it would work well for showing crocheted outfits. I found that fixing things inspires me to be more creative, it reignites the spark for me.

All that just to ask, what inspires you when it comes to your art?

9 Likes

I am 37 year old women and back when i was younger…i wanted to have someone who loved me for who i am, i began having seizures really bad seizures when i was 16 they came out of nowhere; and that changed my life. I having a twin sister and seeing go out with friends and when we got older and she made it threw college and found someone and having her own babies…it hurt to get too see her get to get to do all those things, but i had to stay home with nobody to talk to wondering when is that next seizure is going to come…but being 37 and seizure free for over 8 years and now just being scared to go on and and watching my grandpa go threw dementia and seeing my grandma stressed and sad…i feel like i need to be here for her…and so being alone and worrying about not knowing what’s going to happen everyday… i learned out how to make these dolls and it gives me peace and makes me feel good about myself. I’m going to be moving out, because I need to go and live my life, but i won’t stop making dolls, i get alot of compliments on them and that makes me feel good inside.

4 Likes