What body do I need to order

So I don’t have to do this anymore? Or what am I doing wrong here?

What are you doing, making a bum?

2 Likes

That is just a Bountiful Baby body for you! The ones with the cable ties are a nice quality of doe suede, but most of them still need to be altered to slim down and tush gathers to add a butt! I order custom bodies from Carmen, but she isn’t taking on any new clients at the moment.

3 Likes

Just to clarify, the problem isn’t that I’m missing a butt crack, it’s that the body doesn’t look right! Lol The butt crack kind of tightened it up a bit, had to do the same in the chest area. And actually, it looks like an inch or so should be taken off the sides, but I’m too lazy and not going to do it.

Do all of the bodies fit like this?

Oh, I have never seen that done before, is there a tutorial somewhere?

1 Like

Oh wonderful. I love sewing. (Insert sarcasm here)

I’m not sure, @AnnieSokay. I used to do soft sculpture dolls, so this wasn’t a big deal. Taking it apart to shave a little off the sides is too much work for me right now (my toddler is sleeping and the sewing machine would wake her up), so this may be as good as it gets on this one.

1 Like

@AmyR777 actually posted photos of how both she and I alter the BB bodies to make them look a bit more like the right body! She knows exactly where to look for it and I am tired of the “looking glass”. Okay, I was feeling like a bit of a dolt for not finding the post for you so here it is: New Realborn body

6 Likes

Calling @AmyR777 …she’s your lady for this :wink:

4 Likes

LOL, Pia…I just came back with the link!! :laughing:

1 Like

Just read through some of it. You two are sewing on a level that I never thought I’d have to be bothered with… If I have to seriously do all of this, I will probably start making my own bodies eventually.

2 Likes

All the older BB bodies are like this. They were made to fit more than one size doll but they’re really ill fitting. The arms are set too far back and the arm and leg caps are way too big for the smaller babies. The neck openings are huge and cause the fabric to bunch up around the neck.

3 Likes

You say the older ones are like this… The newer ones are better? How can I tell new from old? I’ve been just ordering whatever was recommended for the kits.

1 Like

I think the “RealBorn” bodies would be referred to as the “new” ones!

4 Likes