What a dry spell this is

in sales that is. I don’t think I have ever experienced it this bad. I have marked my left over summer babies as low as low it seems. I even wonder if I could give them away? My waffle baby does not have enough participants either. LOL! It is very discouraging. And here I go buying a plane ticket tonight for KDS next year and I have yet to pay all my fees for DOTW. Lord we need some sales round here!

7 Likes

Unreal how slow it’s been. Honestly, the worst I’ve seen and last year wasn’t exactly epic. I keep saying I’ll paint my stash and show myself to the door. Wondering if it’s worth my time to even paint that stash :thinking: What’s the point, really?

Fingers crossed we sell some Christmas babies but I’m not holding my breath.

7 Likes

I sure hope we do…

4 Likes

I mean, I am not a warehouse for orphaned reborns. I can’t keep stacking them up in my dining room hoping they sell. Thanksgiving is coming, I’ll be needing that space :joy: May be time to just finish the ones I’m working on, list, and then take a paint break.

Sooooo what do people do if they don’t paint?? I must have had a life before reborning :thinking:

6 Likes

Pull weeds, cook, clean, you know…, all the fun stuff!

5 Likes

My yard looked 1000% better before I started reborning. I was always working on my flowers. Now my house looks like a couple of hobos camp here

6 Likes

I did lots of other kinds of crafts but reborning is my passion. I really hope it doesn’t become obsolete.

7 Likes

I didn’t paint this year at all . After 150+ babies , I will only paint my yearly donation baby to the nursing home and if family wants one . Even my regular customer offers me such a low price to make her a custom that I sent here elsewhere …and given many a heads up that won’t have dolls for Christmas as I can’t make one for the price they would want it .

4 Likes

I don’t sell on Reborns for almost 2 years, so I can’t weigh about sales there, but Dave stats are great.
However 634 artists - that is A LOT and competition is fierce.
Like someone said there are more artists than buyers nowadays.

3 Likes

I just checked and it showing 18 so far today. I like that it updates often.

4 Likes

Do we know if these were low end priced dolls or not?

1 Like

We all need to get naked under that big full moon and do a baby dance. I will bring the libations.

1 Like

I have gone back to fine art, and I should go back to keeping my house clean, Lordy it has taken a beating since the lockdown. We just got use to not having people here and not caring as much. I will keep painting my stash as long as babies sell, I will see how it goes over the holidays. I have so much invested in this art form, I hate to just stop. I may teach in my community. Karen you could totally teach.

2 Likes

I wonder how this compares to this time last year? How did you find the analytics? I don’t navigate the site very deeply, just list and check the sellers chats.

1 Like

I would not ever notice it if @quiltsabunch didn’t tell me about it as it was posted on Reborns chat.
It was recently implemented, so I doubt that Dave have last year stats.

3 Likes

If I got naked under the moon I don’t know if it would drum up any sales but would for sure scare all the wildlife!

5 Likes

Me too, who doesn’t love a baby doll? Ours are the royalty of all baby dolls.