Welcome to the Imagination Station

I am lacking my imagination. You see, I’m currently in an institution called “school” where they encourage you to block all your creativity and strange ideas, and instead focus more on logic and that stuff. I only have two weeks left though, and then freedom!!

With that being said, I am going to start sculpting in the third week (or so) of June. I would like some ideas of fun creatures/critters/etc. that I could sculpt and get my imagination station started up again for the summer months of painting.
I am open to any and all ideas! Keep in mind that I am a beginner sculptor and will probably make many mistakes. I also plan to eventually sell some sculptures when I get better at it as a way to raise money for my college fund. :smile:
Thank you ladies!

7 Likes

I love doing flowers. I’ve sculpted a Christmas tree and a snowman too. I tried a baby once but it came out looking like the first generation of a cavemans baby

4 Likes

We have only done projects with salt dough… but we do snowmen, fish, starfish (all depending on art project)

Also I like doing hands and frogs in high school :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe you could try some accessories for babies, like rattles etc. Things like that, I’m sure there are lots of thing you could make centered around babies!!

4 Likes

What about keepsake baby booties?

1 Like

@jlesser @lynn @Jessejuice Thank you for the ideas! Writing them in my notebook now. Keep them coming!!
I’ve actually tried making a flower, and it didn’t look anything like a flower…Haha

2 Likes

With the new movie being being advertised, how about something from Alice in wonderland? That whole movie is fantasy😀

2 Likes

Yes! Good idea Lynn :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve also enjoyed making little doll house miniatures :blush: there’s so many fun cutesy things to make :blush:

2 Likes

Oh! Make a Gumby :grinning::grinning::grinning:

4 Likes

Gumby? Ha that’s hilarious.

I collect fairies! That’s a little advanced though lol

3 Likes

Remember him? :smile: How cute would that be?! :blush: I can’t remember the names of the other claymation character…

2 Likes

I used to be a big fairy collector too :blush:

2 Likes

Another idea would be for baby bonnets, there is NOT enough of those things around!! I know these wouldn’t be sculpted but if you sew----these would be a good idea!!

3 Likes

@lynn I sadly am unable to sew…too frustrating. Haha

1 Like

Here is my most recent sculpture I have created. It’s supposed to be a puppy in a tin bath tub looking out at it’s owner awaiting to be let out of the tub I still have to paint it’s eyes and nose and add details, but he’s done other than that. Oh, and I have to bake him. :smile:

9 Likes

I plan on it. This was only my first one, and it was done after my “brother”

Coloring isn’t done yet, but I hope to have the grey done soon.

5 Likes

You know Deb, often times when I do see a bonnet it would fit a one year old----it seems like it’s hard to find a newborn size bonnet!!

1 Like

FREE Tutorials!!

And many more thanks to this google search!