Weight shifting

I noticed in some of my daughters reborns that the glass beads are now in the bottom of the baby. When I weighted them, they were the length of the baby if that makes sense. Is this happening because she “plays” with them? Is there a way to prevent the weight from sinking to the bum? It’s making them bottom heavy and weird feeling.

2 Likes

I put extra stuffing in the bottom part, knowing that the weighting will shift. You can also make I tube filled with glad beads and tie it tightly in two places, evenly spaced. The beads will still shift some, but won’t all go into one big pooch in the bottom.

6 Likes

I also tie the tubes and I tie them in the middle. On babies that are 20 inches or more I wrap a piece of thin quilt batting around the tube and do a quick base stitch to hold the batting together. It makes it more sturdy so that the beads do not shift to much.

5 Likes

If mine settle, I hold the doll upside down and shake it until it moves back and then do some “finger sculpting” of the polyfill until it’s good again. “SHIFT HAPPENS!” LOLOL

12 Likes

Lolololololol good one!

4 Likes

Hahaha!! :laughing:

1 Like

I was thinking about making “tubes” but I like this; it’s quick and easy.

3 Likes