Waterborne Air Dry Paints

I’m going to buy the try me set. Any pros or cons I should know? I remember someone mentioned the formula seemed different. Do I need anything besides matte gel and water? I read as much as I can on here and hunnybuns reborn. If you have a baby painted with these paints, I’d love to see it!

1 Like

I painted this one with them and @sweetiepieapril tutorial. I liked it but I have since switched to genesis just cause I wanted to try it.

2 Likes

She’s cute! Did you notice any issues while painting with these?

My first baby. He has since turned into a Vampire. Notice the bite on his arm. The paint did well on this first baby but the second one Rose OMG I had a hard time and she ended up being very dark, but that was ok.

I realized after about the 5th baby that the paint needed to be stirred and not shaken in the bottle. It was a nightmare for me. And also not to use their sealer or Folk Art Glass and Tile as a primer or sealer because it started peeling after a month. Now I use a little W in conjunction with Liquitex sometimes and it is doing fine. Oh and do not wash the baby with alcohol, it does not seem to like that - JMO!

1 Like

I tried a couple but not the newer formulation. However, the primer says, blot gently don’t pounce. Yeah, i didn’t listen. It was a little rough but it does seem like decent paint, compared to the ones i tried.

Do you have to keep stakes and holy water close by? You never can be sure with the Vamplings. Yeah I remember that @Nikkiroc said to use the damn Dawn hehe. That thread keeps giving.

2 Likes

The Vampire baby has a new home with my oldest daughter. She has a few of my monsters.

1 Like

He’s cute and I love his backstory. I need to make a werewolf baby based on the baby werewolf that bit Oz in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

1 Like

I had no issues. I sold it though and out it towards GHSP. I did baby fx before that. I keep switching it up lol.

I’d love to do a werewolf baby, but I am going to be busy till early next year. Maybe we could do one at the same time if you aren’t doing one right away. Maybe others would join us we can call it Saltwater Werewolves or something, lol!:crazy_face: @Theara

2 Likes

These paints are great! With a great price. It is always great to get a great product at a great price! The paint set Hubby purchased for me was the one that was 40+ dollars. It came with everything you need. Even the mottling sponge. I really like it. I am not a great artist, so my babies may not show how good the paint is, but I love it. Also, if you go by the free tutorial that is on Hunnybuns website, it will take you through the whole process. It was very helpful for me. Hope you have a great experience with it!

Also note that I bought my paints in March 2016, they may be very different by now. It was thought that my order may have been from the older batch.

If you re looking for a good reborn specific paint you should really consider RebornFX from Macphersons. I admit Ive never tried Waterborne but Ive tried several others, and Ive read tons of comments on acrylic paints. Nothing I’ve tried so far has measured up to Golden though :wink:

2 Likes

The kids took my charger last night lol. Yes I want to do this! Let me know when!!

1 Like

If I forget remind me in January, lol. I’m putting a note on the wall.

1 Like

Let me put it in my calendar lol. I’ll forget! I got the waterborne paints and now I’m kicking myself because I should have waited today and got the golden. But I needed something different. I don’t knock the Winsor and Newton paints but they’re not for me. Oooh I “need” new brushes.

You may like them, they are nice to work with you just have to find your place with them!

1 Like

I struggle with finding the exact shades I want. I’m also learning that my paint was waaay too thick and I’m going to buy the wetting agent recommended by a few people on here.

2 Likes

wetting agent and water is my thinner…dont know how I painted without it :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t know what the problem was until I watched a few videos on YouTube. I’m going to try the wetting agent next.

1 Like