Warm blush sub

Hi!!! What would you use to substitute warm blush? If you want the warmth it brings… But not dark orange?

3 Likes

I am going for a sun kissed look… More peaches and cream. I was mixing a bit of warm blush in with other colors, but I’m not thrilled. I would like to try something similar. With out the nasty wb effect!

2 Likes

Burnt umber is my go-to. Also, Yellow Ochre.

5 Likes

I like the way Cher uses it in that Lets make a baby tutorial. I think it’s baby skin, warm blush and lip/nail/blush? I’ll have to double check but it looks amazing

3 Likes

I know know some add some blue to it to offset the orange. I just have it sitting in the back row of my paints with no intention of using it.

2 Likes

The baby flesh has pink undertones in it and the lips and nail has reds, blues and purples which will neutralize the oranges a bit in the warm blush…Another nice mix is burnt umber with a touch of lip and a touch of yellow ochre or burnt sienna…the lip takes the edge of the jaundice yellow undertones but still allows the warmth to come through…just keep the experiment starting with the burnt umber in your thinner and using a mop brush just touch the other colours enough to get them on your brush tip and swirl in till you get the colour you want…go easy with the ochra or sienna though as they will over power your colour if you are not careful…wipe a bit on a white paper towel to check your colour…and remember keep it thin…you can always add layers to warm it up…you will end up with a colour that looks like caramel toffee if you mix it right… :smile: .

10 Likes

@westernstarr Genius!

1 Like

Thank you!!! I also tried the burnt umber and yellow ochre to replace the wb… But it wasn’t what I was looking for. I will try this tomorrow​:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I did add blue! Believe me… It didn’t help!!! So I added more blue… Lolol then I just got funk!!! Lolol

2 Likes

The lip will change it to a nice caramel colour The other 2 without the lip mixed in makes it too yellow and jaundiced looking if you are not careful…

4 Likes

5 Likes

I love this babys coloring!!!

2 Likes

What is Nathal red?

1 Like

I use ghsp:-) so… I donthave that color😩

1 Like

Did you finish your baby? What blush color did you end up mixing?
Also, can I see a picture of the results?

Her babies are so cute! Especially her little boys she makes are so handsome!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like