Walmart and reborns who knew

Just strolling through Walmart on line looking at stuffing and what not for dolls and low and behold they have reborning books now .
Not a suggestion anyone buy them just found it was interesting that they were carrying them on their site now .

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=reborn%20doll%20making%20book&cat_id=0

6 Likes

The books seem to be mainly by one author and one has soft body patterns included I have no idea if the author is well known as I am not up on that.
I imagine it would be an online purchase and probably through someplace else who would do the shipping but that is just a guess.

I’m not really happy about this. This art form has been slowly downgraded to something simple and easy. What are the dolls going to be worth after a while. Nothing. Because everyone thinks its so easy and takes no artistic skill.

4 Likes

The first book listed has been out 10 years and has a one star review on Amazon.

4 Likes

As I said I have no idea on who the artist is just thought it was interesting that Walmart is offering them now and good or bad thing it’s out there now.

The Beautiful Babies book is from about 10 years ago. I know this because I was introduced to reborns by taking Michelle’s class when we were still painting Berenguer toy dolls prior to blank kits. The info will be dated for sure!!

1 Like

I am not buying the books nor am I suggesting anyone buy them it was just interesting to me that it was on the site .

Yeah same here I learned on my own no books no classes I just did and do what I like and enjoy it :smile: and I think once someone found out the expense and work to complete one they would choose to buy one or would have to be actually interested in the art.

1 Like

Jeannine Holper? Never heard of her.

1 Like

Me either but you google the name and her books come up everywhere so she is getting her book advertised really well :slight_smile:
Looks to me being an author is about all she does lol books on everything and everywhere .

1 Like

I think that’s nice as every woman who wishes to have
one should be able to do so affordably.
No competition here as I make my own for my own
nursery and not to sell, at least at this point in time.
And like all of us, when they do there first one they will
see all the work, money, appreciation that goes into one.
God bless.

1 Like