Vivienne by S.F

I just received my Vivienne today- the arms are such poor quality- that hands have a “skin tag” the vinyl is so pitted all over the arms. 2 black dots and I paid the $125 and change for the kit and body. I’m going to have to discount the baby right off the bat if I use the arms. It’s both arms.

2 Likes

Are you not allowed to return the kit?

I’m sure you can, I have to check the Macphersons page.
I haven’t reached out to anyone yet. I mean, I’ll ask. ITs a bummer, it was an expensive order so naturally I’d be a bit bummed out- sure you can understand
I just came and searched for Vivienne and found out others had problems with the kit too. Wish I’d searched the topic before I bought the kit.

I’d be in tears. I don’t know their return policy so I was hoping you had options. You’d think there would be some kind of quality control.

1 Like

I ordered Julia and Andres (de Lang) and David (Kewy) from macphersons, and didn’t get COAs for any of them. Is that normal?

1 Like

I’m wondering if you could fix it with thick medium. It’s so weird.
I just didn’t think this would happen with a kit this expensive. I’m used to B.B. KITS which now I’m giving BB even more credit for their quality control so they kind of set the standard for me lol.
Sigh. I just had to vent.

Do you think I could use the thick medium for it?

Vivienne didn’t come with one either I’m not sure. I thought she would.

Personally, for that price, I would want a proper kit. You shouldn’t have to fix it. Do you need to start it right away? Are you on a time schedule?

2 Likes

Thank you for responding, glad to have someone understand! I didn’t need to start right away, just wanted to :slight_smile:

And you shouldn’t have to pay return shipping either, in my opinion. Again, I don’t know their policy tho.

1 Like

They ended up charging me $10 to return my doll. Still haven’t received my refund yet. It’s a shame to spend so much on a doll that clearly isn’t right. Not to mention has no COA. I think I may just be a little spoiled by the BB kits. Never had an issue with any of them.

2 Likes

I would also think that for such a high price you should expect better.

2 Likes

I’ve ordered tons from them and it has all been perfection! I think it’s just this kit! But her face is just too sweet lol

3 Likes

She’s one of my favorites. When you do contact them make sure you ask them for a return shipping label at a discounted price. I took mine to the post office and it was going to cost $49 to ship her back to Macphersons. They won’t offer or at least didn’t offer me a shipping label until I requested one.

1 Like

Not every kit has one. For example Ylenia Marx didn’t come with one. Some do and others don’t. Depends on the sculptor

I have found that not all pricer kits are created equally. I am working on one that was about 80 and it has quite a few imperfections. I am working on Franklin that I bought second hand and he has quite a few places like the one in your pic. :frowning: I think we are accustomed to very fine quality kits from bb and in my experience none of the expensive ones I’ve done have been as good as they should be for the price.

2 Likes

You can file off the tiny bumps with a nail file then smooth it with super fine sand paper. 3-D medium will work on the tiny holes. Just file them smooth when it’s completely dry, then proceed as usual.

1 Like

Yes. I saw another person’s post and it is terrible that they allowed those limbs to leave the factory. I would get my money back or demand some other set of limbs. This person said they were told all the kits are the same. If so, then at least discount the kit. People could order some other limbs and at least use the head. I would contact the sculptor directly to see what is happening.

1 Like

What a shame, she is such a beautiful kit. I’m of the opinion that it isn’t fair to expect people to fix a kit before working on it when they cost so much. Or to have to replace limbs, paying out even more money. I know the companies selling them are not at fault but maybe they should refuse to sell the kits that have faults and then the sculptors will be more careful with who they use to produce their kits. To have to pay return shipping on a defective kit is wrong. If I buy something from any other retailer and it is defective they return it for free.

5 Likes