Vinyl, silicone, plastic

I need to pick your brains again today. I am getting emails asking what my dolls are made out of. My reply is usually that it is “a very soft vinyl made softer with by mixing it with a little silicone” Is that accurate?

I have a couple very low priced dolls (earlier work) and people actually ask me if it is a full body silicone doll, or if its floppy or hard. (for 200 bucks am I really gonna list a full body 20 inch silicone doll?)

Are these dolls considered silicone? I mean its obvious to me its not a rubbery baby…I need to get me lingo straight.

I don’t want anyone disappointed but I don’t want to turn away potential buyers.

1 Like

BB is soft vinyl.

2 Likes

Not silicone, they are vinyl and vinyl and silicone can not be mixed. I don’t know much about silicone dolls but I do know that it’s either one or the other and can’t be both. I would just tell them it’s a soft vinyl not as hard as the baby dolls you buy at Walmart.

6 Likes

Right on! thanks. I did some research and it seems I got some mixed information (many vinyl kits called silicone???) I knew you ladies would have the right info. I think I will bold that in my description, save myself a little time.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

As far as I know,the kits listed as silicone vinyl are really just soft vinyl too.They are listed from China and I assume they do not know the difference.

2 Likes

Which is a way to tell they are normally the fake kits… :frowning:

6 Likes

Absolutely.Good Point !

3 Likes

Vinyl and silicone don’t mix and the one’s that say they are silicone vinyl, aren’t, there’s no such thing. Just a soft vinyl. I think that kind of description is confusing to lots of people, good that you asked before listing as such!!

1 Like