Vintage Berjusa baby

I got this sweet face a few months ago. I know she is a little discolored. She has this weird thing at the bottom of her head were there is probably a neck plug, there is a "stick coming from the middle of the neck plug. There is nothing that it can attach to

11 Likes

I donā€™t know anything about ā€˜that thingā€™, but she is beautiful and look very realistically sculpted.

2 Likes

I think the name of this one is the ā€œMary faceā€ Berenguer. The vintage ones were given names. There used to be a site that shows each vintage face with its name, but I canā€™t find it now.

4 Likes

You are right on the name.I have one of these somewhere that I dolled up for my grand daughter way back when I first started.

3 Likes

I think she has one of the sweetest and most realistic faces of the vintage ones.

3 Likes

Itā€™s possible she was one of the ones that moved.

2 Likes

Yes they all had names. I keep looking for that site every now and then and can never find it anymore either. I have I think 6 of these packed away and of course I donā€™t remember all their names. You are right though this one is Mary Face.

2 Likes

Yes, this is the Mary Face Berenguer. I used that head with the 3/4 chubby Berenguer limbs and made a baby many years ago. I did so because my head came off a doll with sewn on limbs. This is the only photo I have of her and it is a scan of an old point and shoot photograph
Caroline - Sold 08/2006 by Angie Jones

6 Likes

Wow how sweet. Did she have that weird plastic stick coming out of the neck plug?
This is not my pic

2 Likes

Some of the Berenguer babies had those kind of plugs with the stick. It was meant to keep the head from being floppy.

4 Likes

Yes, and on the heavier heads like that if you want the baby to sit up like a toddler that works well. If you donā€™t just cut the stick end off with a craft knife and use the plug to plug up the neck hole.

3 Likes

There was another one called Snookie face. I think it was the one with the bottom lip sucked in. I did a few of those some years back.

2 Likes

Yes, I have one of those. I think those are the only two names I can remember. I havenā€™t even looked at those dolls in so long I donā€™t even remember the faces I have never mind the names.

2 Likes

Almost 7 years ago, when I began reborning; painted with Hunny Buns WaterBorne paints. I named him Patrick. Someone bought him from me for $30 on eBay.

2 Likes

The dolls cost more than $30 and you put work into him and dressed him. Someone got an unbelievable deal.

2 Likes

They did. I wish Iā€™d kept him.

2 Likes

very sweet

1 Like

I would love to see more of these.

1 Like