Veining Pen?

I saw this prisma pen being advertised/sold on some ebay auctions with reborning supplies. They say it works well for veining. It’s a double ended (fine/broad) pen always in the color Light Cerulean Blue. Has anyone ever used this type of marker for their veining?

https://www.guirys.com/sites/default/files/product_node/1/1/3/2/0/03478-1_3.jpg

3 Likes

Good question!

1 Like

Try it on a test piece! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have one, I just saw them being sold online. I’m open to anything that makes veining easier and more consistent, but wanted to find out from anyone here if they’ve used it before.

3 Likes

That’s something I wouldn’t want to use. I like mixing my own, and having more control of the right shade of blue.

3 Likes

It reminds me of when people used sharpies for veins. Didn’t like that one bit though.

1 Like

I don’t know about this pen since it is made by prisma but I have heard people that used pens/markers said they were awful. They make very dark veins and then they are very hard to remove or lighten, Be careful. I am only repeating what I have read. Maybe you could try the spyglass and see what information you can find. I know it’s out there.

1 Like

I’d stay away from the pen. It would be too easy to mere the veins too dark. And there’s no going back.

1 Like

My art teacher has these exact pens (about every color they ever made probably) and the cerulean blue is very light/translucent and I could actually see these working. These markers are very much like prisms pencils! The fine point end that is.

2 Likes

Tomorrow while I’m at school I can get pics of different blues on paper if you’d like! Cloud blue is probably another good blue you could use.

1 Like

it would be very hard to blend in…to fade in …IMO …it would be like a perfect line…when we use the pain some parts will be lighter, softer, more blended other places darker so would look more natural then the line with a pen… I seen this at Michale’s and I was thinking on it.

2 Likes