Utilities going up

@Vanniek please stop hijacking this thread. It isn’t about Covid. If you want to discuss politics/Covid, would you mind starting a separate thread? I’m sure people would be happy to share their opinions with you, just not here. Thanks. I’d really appreciate it.

7 Likes

This issue has been going on since long before Biden took office. No one president is responsible. But please let’s not hijack this thread.

Thankfully my power bill has been low. But I am expecting it to jump since GA is down in the 20s at night.

5 Likes

It was actually about the cost of energy to begin with and was taken over by prescription costs and insurance costs. While the cost of medication in the USA might not be political, the current cost of energy is definitely the direct result of the current administration.

4 Likes

The current demise of us is due to the current administration. The costs of just feeding your family is crazy. How anyone can afford this is a miracle. If the middle class wants to buy a home now it’s going to be the size of a shed on a postage stamp lot.

5 Likes

I guess it may have been me that got off of energy…but it just seems that the price of everything has gone up…not just energy…

And build a house right now?? Not on your life…lumber costs are absolutely ridiculous.

We had been toying with that idea…

but not anymore.

3 Likes

Not even to build but to buy a home. It’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

@Vanniek I would really appreciate it if you respect my request to start another thread for your discussion.

3 Likes

You’re right. It did start as a cost of energy discussion. I should have started a separate thread to share useful information to help people, who may be struggling, to save some money.

3 Likes

I just got my gas and electric bill today. It shows a comparison from what was used and charged in Dec. 2020 and Dec. 2021. In 2020 I used 5 units of natural gas which was about $3.26 a day. Dec. 2021 was the same 5 units at $6.34 a day. So our natural gas has almost doubled from last year. :sob:

4 Likes

Not a problem to stray on a topic… shaming for it seems harsh though.

3 Likes

It wasn’t my intention to shame anybody.

3 Likes

Do you mean $210 each or together? Either way still less than it is for me. I hope ours isn’t going up too :grimacing:

1 Like

You were very right to ask to stay on topic and there was no shaming in your request. I think a separate thread could easily be made for those who want to discuss other matters.

3 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 96 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 8 days.

Hey ladies, we’re FREE to speak again!! lol

2 Likes

For a minute or two.

4 Likes

Who reported this post? Lol!!!

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

EDITED…AFTER SHUT DOWN AGAIN.

This has gone from simply odd and somewhat funny to beyond ridiculous.

EDITED…AGAIN…Lynn…you are correct.

2 Likes

Unfortunately we are not adults here.

3 Likes