Usps Can you pick up the box at home?

I have heard that you can pick up packages at home. Does anyone have any idea what it is like?I have a car but I only use it to go to usps but I do not want to pay $ 380 per month + $ 140 of insurance only to go to usps​:thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

You can pay for and schedule pickups online. Go to the USPS website. Click on Mail and Ship then schedule a pickup and it will tell you if the service is available in your area. Or, just call the post office and ask.

2 Likes

Thank’s :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Yes USPS does free pickup for Priority packages of that is what you’re asking :+1:

3 Likes

thanks katy, yes, I wanted to know that so I do not have to go up to usps

1 Like

I had this question too. I’m thinking you would need a scale for this service?
This would be so helpful for me if it’s available in my area.

3 Likes

Like @katieperry said they do free pick up of priority package. You just leave it where your mailperson normally leaves your packages around the time you know they come or to be safe you can just wait for your mailcarrier and give it to them on their hands.
The great thing is that you can give you box toany mailcarrier. I have miss my mailmand and my husband takes the package on his car when driving around and gives it to any other mailcarrier on the street. My mailman takes a long time. He is a veteran with a bad knee, so when I need to be somewhere I take my packages to him down the street.

3 Likes

For the boxes you get a flat rate. I used to mail kits in parcele boxes, so I hat to weight them. I just got the weigh from a kit that was send to me and was using that. Never had a problem. I added a pound for bigger kits. Now I use the same weight I use for my dolls.

2 Likes

oh yeah, flat rate boxes! Duh. Lol. Thank you!

And a printer…
Mine is out of ink… so I have to go to the post office and wait in line anyways… lol

1 Like

I hate buying ink. It is ridiculously expensive and I can’t figure out a good reason for it to be.

As far as USPS pick up goes, I’ve never used it but would love to. The only thing stopping me is that I heard that if you have to make an insurance claim, you need the original receipt. The only way to get that is by going to the post office.

Has anyone made a claim or know if this is true about the reciept?

Funny that just happened to me. I have 2 printers and they are bouth out of ink, but I send my husband he did the line :wink:

2 Likes

Because they can.

1 Like