Using Darker Flesh Paint to Paint Hair?

Does anyone who paints hair use the Genesis Flesh 02 through 06 to paint hair? Does it work well? Do you mix it with any other colors?

2 Likes

I was just wondering this myself since I have all those colors sitting around collecting dust

1 Like

Me, too, since changing to using the primary color method.

All the time, add black if I feel the next layer should be darker or just a little blue.

1 Like

I tried to post a picture of the painted hair, but I give up. Here is a link to my nursery. ShieldSquare Captcha

@Syndi, thank you for sharing that. I wondered if it would work ok. I add black and blue to burnt umber, so I guess the same can be done with the flesh colors. Cool! I’ll look at your site to see pics. :smiley:

1 Like

Your hair looks nice!

You all know my painted hair is awful still, but I can say I use the darker flesh tones to paint eyebrows and baby hairs. I like them more than the premixed browns.

1 Like

That’s good to know. I don’t like Genesis premixed browns, because they are so orange, even when I add blue. Have to usually add black to get a more brown color. I don’t think I’ve ever seen your painted hair.

1 Like

Trust me, you don’t want to :joy: But yeah that’s the same exact thing I hate about the premixed browns, they have a lot of orange, event when adding blue. I find the dark fleshes don’t have that issue at all.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m going to give the darker flesh paints a try with Laura’s hair.

1 Like