UPDATE: Thank you BB for standing by your great customer service! Seconds Kits will Likely Have Factory Paint

Thanks Jessica.

Is there a reason then that JD is no longer on some of the realborns if they are still pouring them?

4 Likes

I don’t know why they stopped putting JD on them. As far as I know, we didn’t ask them to stop doing that.

4 Likes

Thank you so very much for taking the time to create this list for us!! This is very helpful :blush:

1 Like

This situation, factory painted kits, is bizarre! Are artists really willing to compromise their skill/talent on a defective kit that should not be sold as “seconds”. It used to be that seconds had some minor problem, usually dented vinyl that was easily fixed with heating and filling with cool water for it to retain the correct shape. But, factory painted???

I don’t understand why BB doesn’t include the 3 year old June body with the kit. It isn’t like you can have one without the other, and making two purchases does not impact the money being paid. Bizarre Situation #2. Now, June is finally in stock but the body is out of stock. I think I can live just was well as I have without the kit. poo

6 Likes

Bountiful Baby made it right for the customers that purchased the kits without knowing about the factory paint. Bountiful Baby has always had great customer service!!
As for the June body, none of BBs kits come with bodies and it’s that way with many other sculptors kits as well.

2 Likes

Some of the kits from macs com with a body or there is an option to add one before you check out. So maybe people forget that they don’t all come with it because they admit at check out? It would be awesome if bb added that option when buying

4 Likes

June is different from the other kits and the artist does not have an option of buying a BB body or buying one elsewhere. June’s body is unique, there are no other options. The kit without the body, useless. The body without the kit, useless. Unique toddler size kits that have partial upper torsos/ full torso, legs that start below the knee, etc., all come with the body. BB goofed on June, but I think it will be a one-time error in judgement IF they sell more kits like this. That BB “made it right for customers” who purchased 2nds that were factory painted demonstrates that they were receptive to customer complaints.

3 Likes

Yes! And kits that don’t come with bodies are able to use generic bodies. June can only use that one body that is made especially for her. Therefore it should come with her. That would make it easier to keep them both in stock at the same time. As it is, lots of people bought the body while it was on sale and the kit was out of stock. Now lots of people will buy the kit but won’t be able to buy the body. If they were sold together this mess could have been avoided.

5 Likes

I am super happy that Irresistables is now offering an option of selecting an ethnic body for some kits; I was always purchasing a secondary body for my A.A. art dolls. It would be lovely if BB added ethnic bodies as an option.

2 Likes

They do, but not for all… I don’t think they have one fir the big big June

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: they should just send bodies with all of them

3 Likes

I’d happily pay the extra for the bodies. I always forget or they’re out of stock. Drives me crazy

5 Likes

BB does not ever include the body.
And actually you can get the kit without it. I’ve done that and had bodies cusom made by someone else. Its not bizzare. Other companies do not include the body unless its a larger child sized kit like Angelica. And even then you pay over 200$ for her.

3 Likes

Lots of newborn kits from other companies come with bodies, not just the bigger kits.

4 Likes

With an increased price tho.

People already complain when BB raises their prices at all.

5 Likes

70 dollars, 10 for a body ON SALE, 20 not, 10 for shipping. There’s 90-100 right there.

You may as well buy a sculpted kit that will sell for more at this point. I don’t overly care as I paint what I like but anyone who is picking kits from a strictly business POV would be better off going to Macs.

8 Likes

I didn’t realize that BB didn’t make a body for June. I agree, they should definitely make a body for her.

They sell a body for her but separate and it is out of stock right now

3 Likes

3 yr June is $120, body is $30, armature is $43

So about $193 + $10 shipping
So over $200 to get her with armature and that is before eyes, hair, etc

5 Likes

Yikes :grimacing:

1 Like