Trying Crochet sweater

First, thank you @Kyne for sharing the crochet video. I’m working on my first sweater. I know how to crochet simple stuff. I took up crochet in jr high. I made a yellow baby sweater, hat n booties. I recieved an A+ on it. The teacher asked if she could put it on display. I said yes n never got it back. But, anyways here is the sweater. I’m about to work on the sleeves. It looks bigger than newborn size. I used the size yarn n needle suggested. I’m going to try a smaller hook next time.

10 Likes

Looks good.

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

Good morning,
Your stitches are so consistent & even. Its a very pretty color yarn too

I did find the pattern is like a 0-3 nb size (fits laura-- for example-). And i had to go smaller for smaller babies ( half double crochet, smaller gauge/yarn for smaller dolls.)

1 Like

I made this set this week. (I bought octavia on the mothers day sale!) The sweater is the same pattern just half-double crochet & smaller yarn/hook.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Nice

1 Like

Thank you. I started on another sweater with a smaller hook. So I’ll see how this one turn out.

1 Like

This is the SUPER easy baby booties pattern i use. It only takes a few minutes when u get the hang of it!
Maybe you will enjoy trying this next!

&Thats too bad you didnt get your project back after the display at school. That must have been disapointing!

It wouldnt let me reply bc ive done 3 in a row. But maybe someone else will comment & it will go thru?

1 Like

Thank you. I will try it. I was very disappointed. I still think about it. Thanks for sharing the bootie pattern.

This one turned our a lil smaller. I do t know what I did that the sleeve got wider towards the end. I’m gonna do the other sleeve before I redo the wide sleeve.

3 Likes

You may be adding a stitch each round-- when you slip stitch the round closed or chain to start the new round be mindful where you place your last stitch or first stitch for the round. It helps to count the stitches as i go to make sure it stays the same width, too. I sometimes make 1 sleeve an extra round longer than the other by accident when im tired by the end. Lol. I usually dont realize until later that thry arent the same chuckle

It looks good though! Im glad if youre enjoying making it

1 Like

When I started the sleeve, I actually did some slip stitches to lessen the width (opening) of the sleeve. Thank you for the recommendation . I use to like crocheting. Thanks to you, I’ll be making sweaters for the babies. I love crocheted/knitted sweaters for babies. I have about 6 sets that I have brought.

1 Like